CHAPTER 53 - TWO YEARS LATER (1)

Times are changing, fast without them realizing it. Children are getting older, and adults are getting old.

As time passed quickly, Kay rested and leaned on the sacred tree of Sakura Empire. His only desire was to calm down, but his eyes fell asleep in the blink of an eye.

While Kay was sound asleep, a woman approached Kay and sat down next to him. Moments later, Kay fell asleep on her lap and the woman just smiled.

The woman is Amagi, one of the guardians of the Sakura Empire. She rubbed Kay's head several times before lowering her head near Kay's forehead.

Smooch...

"What are you doing, Amagi?", asked Kay as he suddenly awake.

"Nothing...but I can't help it seeing you sleeping here", said Amagi, giggles a little bit. "If you want, I can still continue it..."

"Ehem...Ehem..."

Before Kay can give her answer, he notices that Bel-chan is staring at him with full of jealousy. It seems that Bel-chan doesn't like Amagi being too close to Kay.

"Ano, please refrain yourself from doing so, Amagi-sama", said Bel-chan. "And Master-sama too, please be extra careful with her..."

"Yeah...yeah...", said Kay. "Maybe I will."

"Mumumumu...master-sama", said Bel-chan, feels unhappy.

Then the three of them laughed together. The situation is very peaceful, and they can grieve without thinking about the danger that will occur. For a while, of course.

"Hah...it has been two years, isn't?", asked Kay. "Time passed very quickly, and these children already grown up."

"Yeah...it has been two years since you came, Kay", said Amagi. "We pass through so many things, either happiness or despair..."

They were silent for a moment, Kay who was resting on Amagi's lap could see the ripple on Amagi's sad face.

"I'm sor...", said Amagi, before Kay interrupts her.

"No need to apologize, Amagi", said Kay. "I done what I need to do, and I finish what I need to finish."

"The blame is on me, no matter how hard you deny it..."

"I see, then, thank you for looking at us, Kay", said Amagi.

Kay could feel Amagi's tail move, saying that she is very happy for the time being. As for Kay, their happiness is what he will feel.

"You seem very happy", said Kay, starts to touch Amagi's cheeks.

"I'm happy", answered Amagi.

"Ano...I'm still here, master-sama", said Bel-chan.

Bel-chan becomes a little jealous when he sees Amagi is flirting with Kay, even though the other one is just thinking of a normal friendly relationship.

Since Amagi is a fox, her tail and actions tell Bel-chan that she is showing dominance on Kay.

Kay gets up from Amagi's lap and tries to call Bel-chan to come towards him.

"You also grow up, little one", said Kay, petting Bel-chan which makes her happy again.

"They are all adults, one step ahead of being a real shipgirl", said Amagi. "As for you, you still...same..."

Two years have passed, yet there has been no change in Kay even though her age can still grow. He still the same, but in the good way.

Amagi decides to not ask the question at him. For her, it was better for Kay to stay liked that.

"Here, you drop this mask when you fell asleep", said Amagi, giving a mask that resembles a fox to Kay and he gladly takes it. "If I recall, Akagi gives that mask to you."

"Yes, it is a fox mask", said Kay. "The same as Kaga and Akagi wear."

"A little bit odd for me to wear it since I wear a hood but, I just wear it on the side of my head for time being."

Kay tries to remember the moments back, where Akagi cheerfully gave the fox mask at him. Telling him he will be her family together with Kaga and Amagi. Since Kay had no reason to turn it down, he accepted the gift.

"It is a nice mask", said Kay. "Although, it is better for me to wear liked this."

"So, did you give something to her back?", asked Amagi.

"Not yet", said Kay.

"Then I have good news for you", said Amagi happily. "You see, I also want to give Akagi and Kaga something."

Amagi took out three jade brooches from her pocket and showed them to Kay. The jade brooches are very beautiful, shining with light.

"Those jade brooches...seem familiar", said Kay in his mind. "Wait a minute, if my memories serve right..."

"There are the same jade brooches that I have, although I'm sure I only have two..."

"Kay? Why are you spacing out?", asked Amagi.

"Am I? Nah, don't worry about it", said Kay. "So, what about these jade brooches?"

"Ah you...see", said Amagi. "Cough...these...cough...cough..."

Amagi started coughing, making her to cover up her mouth and stops talking to Kay.

"Hahh, you are too excited, Amagi", said Kay while rubs Amagi's back. "Take a little breath..."

"Cough...cough...I'm sorry", said Amagi.

"Are you alright?", asked Kay. "Want me to carry you?"

Bel-chan stares at Kay upon hearing that.

"That will be good", said Amagi. "Cough...but don't worry. I will be fine. I just need a little rest."

"If you said so, I wouldn't force you", said Kay.

Behind this noise, Zuikaku-chan comes up to Kay and pulls on his sleeve. Since Kay was too focused on Amagi, he was completely unaware of Zuikaku-chan present.

"Hurmm? Oh, Zuikaku, can I help you, little one?", asked Kay.

"Monarch-san is calling for you, nii-san", said Zuikaku-chan. "It's about Enty-chan birthday..."

"Ah, then say to her to meet me at my office", said Kay.

Zuikaku just nodded her head and continued to leave Kay without saying anything, making Kay feel odd.

"Zuikaku-chan...", said Bel-chan. "Ano master-sama, you should do much better."

"Wait...what?", asked Kay. "What do you mean?"

"What a shy girl...cough", said Amagi. "Too bad this man doesn't know her feeling..."

"Nani?", asked Kay.