CHAPTER 52 - MASHIRO (3)

"What do you want, Wiseman?", Kay asked. "If you want to ask about that cell, I've already managed to find its nest."

"I can go whenever I want there and it won't take any moment because I can kill it easily."

"Now it's the time for the waiting game, I guess."

Wiseman slowly walked towards Kay; his face slightly changed when he saw Mashiro who was sleeping on kay's lap.

"I supposed this is fine, however I want to remind you that it's much better if you don't get too close to the little girl", said Wiseman. "Too friendly with that girl will bring nothing but ... problems."

"This girl has a name", said Kay, intercept Wiseman. "Her name is Mashiro. Not an outcast child so watches your mouth, Wiseman"

"I see, I'm sorry about that, Kay," Wiseman said. "For you to approach Mashiro is a bad idea, not to mention how dangerous she is."

"It's rare for you to say that to me", Kay said. "Aren't you don't care what I do in this world as long as I complete my duty and follow the rules?"

"Yui and the authorities won't stay still", said Wiseman, giving Kay a warning. "You will change the history if you..."

"But, I won't, and it will never change", said Kay.

"The way you did will...", said Wiseman.

"By not killing her...", said Kay, made Wiseman silent upon hearing that. "If I want to finish my duty faster, killing her is the best option."

"But I choose not to."

"The authorities will intervene you again", said Wiseman.

"And let them be", said Kay. "Fighting against them will make me happier after all."

Wiseman was silent, he felt that he was unable to change Kay's mind regarding Mashiro.

"Then, will you take all responsibility for Mashiro?", Wiseman asked. "Promise me you will never break the promise regarding her."

"You have my word, Wiseman", answered Kay.

"I see...then I have no complaint", said Wiseman. "I will go and handle Yui and the authorities for you."

As Wiseman had finished talking to Kay, he started walking to leave the island. However, Kay then said something to him.

"From an immortal that can read the future, isn't it odd for you to care about this girl?", asked Kay. "You're hiding something, isn't?"

"Beats me," Wiseman replied. "I can only read the future, but I can't change it no matter how hard I try. So, be grateful, young man."

They looked into each other's eyes, before moving in their respective directions. Even though they both know each other, they hate each other.

"Before, I forget...you should return to Sakura Empire soon", said Wiseman. "You already gone too long, and the others start to be worried about you. It will be a huge problem for you if they come to this island and see Mashiro."

"You don't need remind me", said Kay. "I know what I'm doing..."

....................

....................

....................

"MASHIRO!! DON'T EAT THE MANJUUS!!", shouted Kay. "AND STOP RUNNING AWAY WITH IT!!

"Haah...Mashiro, please behave a little bit."

Kay pinched Mashiro's cheek, making it swell a little. Mashiro just kept quiet and looked at Kay with a confused face.

It has been almost a week since Kay and Mashiro along with some manjuus came to this island. Some of the buildings built by manjuus for Mashiro to live here are almost finished.

It is very comfortable, there is a building for Mashiro to live, a cafeteria, a playground, garden and more.

"Although, I think something is missing", said Kay. "Maybe I should double check before I leave this island."

"By the way, you are staying here, Mamjuus. Together with Mashiro because someone needs to take care of her."

Almost all the manjuus were shocked and began to avoid looking into Kay's eyes.

"Stop looking away, would you?", asked Kay. "Now, where is Mashiro?"

"..................."

Silent, totally silent from manjuus even though Kay is waiting the answer. Kay then sighed and activates his element to search Mashiro.

For some reason, Mashiro always likes to be alone. Although she sometimes goes near Kay when she feels scared or worried about something.

Until now Kay still doesn't know what Mashiro is thinking but he believes it's too early for him to give up. It's only been a week, and Mashiro isn't a normal girl. She is a siren, high-class one too.

"Mashiro...are you here?", asked Kay.

Flowers, gardens, coloring the place that Kay traces. In the middle of it, Mashiro was looking at a flower she was holding.

"Mashiro... flowers... beautiful", said Mashiro.

Kay approached Mashiro and held her hands, trying to tell her something important. He hesitated at first, in fact he really wants to bring her back to Sakura Empire. But, he can't.

"Now ... Mashiro, there's something I need to tell you", Kay said. "I'll leave you here for a while and maybe I'll take some time for me to come here again."

"Mashiro... will... alone... again?", asked Mashiro.

"You are not alone, manjuus are here with you", said Kay. "They will take care of you and please, don't try to eat them."

"........................"

"Mashiro? Do you hear what I said?", asked Kay as he saw Mashiro remains silent.

"Mashiro..."

"No! Mashiro...don't...want...", said Mashiro as she embraces Kay. "Mashiro... be... good... girl... Mashiro... don't... want... alone!"

Mashiro starts to cry and tells Kay not to leave her alone. She repeatedly saying that she would be a good girl if she would be with Kay.

"Don't... leave... Mashiro", cried Mashiro as she embraced Kay.

Mashiro asks Kay to stay with him, making Kay lose his words. However, he knows, he doesn't have any choice."

"I can't", said Kay. "I'm sorry, Mashiro."

After Mashiro hears what Kay says, her heart sinks and she starts crying louder. She then, trying to punch Kay but she is too small for him to feel the pain.

"Mashiro, I'm not leaving you", said Kay. "I promised I will come back."

"Noo! Mashiro...don't...want...alone!", shouted Mashiro.

Mashiro then steals Kay's watch which is on his wrist, the watch which is very important to Kay. After grabbing the watch, Mashiro then runs away from Kay.

"Wait! Mashiro!", shouted Kay as he realized his watch has been stolen. "Mashiro!!"