I'll stand by you (music pref)

Posted by: bringthepaayne

Harry: (don't be ashamed to cry/let me see you through/'cause I've seen the dark side too) it's always him who never seems to get upset over anything that has to do with just the two of you. sure, if a fan says something mean, he'll comment on it and get a little flustered, or if management pisses him off in one way or another, he'll disappear into the gym for a good boxing lesson. but if you two have a fight, he doesn't seem to get upset at all. "I mean, you act like you don't care!" you find yourself yelling, throwing your hands up. "like, honestly, this doesn't bother you at all? because this is killing me!" Harry just shrugs and keeps his eyes on the floor. "'course it bothers me," he mumbles, shoving his hands into his pockets, eyes still glued to the ground. "then why don't you show it?!" you yell, exasperated. "because I don't want you to see me cry! I feel so small and I don't want you to see me like that!" he yells back, finally raising his head and you can see his eyes are rimmed in red and there's two wet lines trailing down his cheeks. he wipes them away with his sleeve and your heart softens, whatever you two were fighting about instantly forgotten. "oh, Harry," you sigh, bridging the distance between you and pulling him into a hug. "Harry, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled." and he just tightens his arms around you, murmuring "s'okay" in your ear and crying on your shoulder because now he knows he doesn't have to hide it from you anymore.

Liam: (oh, why you look so sad?/tears are in your eyes/come on and come to me now) you know something's off the second you walk through the door. the tv's on in the living room, but Liam's not on the couch. Loki's asleep in the hallway and there's a full mug of coffee on the table. you kick your shoes off and toss your coat on the couch, clicking off the tv and making your way to the bedroom. you step carefully over Loki, making sure you don't wake him up and push open the bedroom door. "Li?" you whisper, stepping into the room. he's not on the bed, but you can see his hair poking up over the side, so you walk around until you're next to him. he's there, back against the bed, head in his hands, shoulders shaking and you're instantly worried. "Liam, what's wrong?" he just shakes his head and you drop beside him, rubbing one hand along his bicep and the other over his hair. "Liam, talk to me," you say again. he shakes his head again and you sigh. "okay. then can I at least hold you for now and then we can talk about it later?" he raises his head and his tearful eyes make your heart ache. "c'mere, baby," you say and he throws his arms around your middle, holding you as close as he can.

Louis: (I'll stand by you, I'll stand by you/won't let nobody hurt you/I'll stand by you) "I just don't think it's a good idea!" your mother says, crossing her arms over her chest and giving you a glare you've become all too familiar with. "I mean, you're both so young and Louis's never around." you hear him sigh sadly and it makes your blood boil. "do you really think that living together is the best idea?" she asks and you squeeze Louis's hand, chewing your lip so you won't scream at her. "and Y/N, let's be honest, you aren't the most responsible girl in the world-" Louis releases your hand and throws both of his in the air. "that's it!" he yells, cutting your mother off. "I'm not gonna listen to you try and change your own daughter's mind about decisions she's already made! in case you hadn't noticed, she's a big girl with a mind of her own! not that you would know, seeing as you only talk to her when it's convenient for you!" your mother opens her mouth to speak and he just cuts her off again. "no! I love her, alright? I love her more than I love anything in the world and that makes it my job not to let anyone hurt her. that includes her own mother!" he stomps out of the room and your mother looks at you, waiting. "he's right," you manage to spit out, and then dart in the direction Louis went.

Niall: (hey, what you got to hide?/I get angry too/well I'm a lot like you) he wants you to talk about what happened with your ex, but that's the last thing on your mind, so you fall into silence, refusing to even answer the simplest of questions. and it kills him, and you know it. "jesus, will you please just answer me? talk to me!" he half-shouts, leaning forwards on the couch and putting his face in his hands. "this is bloody ridiculous. you don' have to hide from me! you know that, right?" you can't bring yourself to say anything and suddenly he's in front of you, his big hands on your knees, blue eyes peering up at you. "I know what it's like, alright? I know what it means to get so angry you don't know what to do with yourself. it's scary. but ya can't just built yourself this wall and shut me out, Y/N! please. I'm beggin' ya. I can't watch you like this. please." you wipe a tear from your cheek and put your hand over his. "fine. I'll talk. but you have to promise you won't beat the snot out of him." the familiar smirk settles onto his lips and he squeezes your hand. "I dunno if I can promise ya that, darlin'. no one messes wit my princess."

Zayn: (so, if you're mad, get mad/don't hold it all inside/come on and talk to me now) he's tired of seeing you push it down. you've been on the brink for weeks, between work and school and your mother being the disapproving woman she is. she doesn't approve of your relationship with Zayn, saying that he's not there for you as much as he should be. Zayn keeps waiting for the blow up to come, but it never does. until after you get off the phone with her one night and disappear into the bathroom, hands clenching into fists and the door slamming behind you. minutes later, you hear a soft knocking at the door. "babe, let me in," he says, and you mumble that the door's not locked. he opens the door and slides onto the ground beside you, wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling you to him. "will you talk to me?" he asks, leaning his face down towards yours and kissing the spot below your eye. "I know you're mad, and you're allowed to be. but you can't keep pushing it all down, love. it isn't healthy. I'm worried you're just going to blow up one day and I won't have a clue what to do." you sigh and settle into his arms, preparing yourself to rant until your heart's content. "so..."