"everything's gonna be okay."

Posted by ; bringthepaayne

Harry: "no it's not!" he yells back at you, and you almost shrink away from him because you've never seen him this upset. he's always grounded and he brushes things off with that silly grin and makes you feel like everything is right in the world. but this time, he was stoic and his eyes were an angry red and there were tear streaks down his cheeks and you were speechless. and the first words that tumbled from your lips were a statement of sympathy; you didn't want him to be sad, so you were trying to reassure him, trying to make him feel like it really would be okay. he always did that for you when things didn't go the way you planned, so this was your way of returning the favour, of showing him that you love him just as much as he loves you. so you say it again and he looks at you, fresh tears spilling down his cheeks. "how do you know that? how could you possibly know that?!" he cries, a sob making his shoulders shake. you lean forward and wipe his cheek with your thumb, your eyebrows crinkling with concern. "I know because I'm here with you, aren't I? I've got you and you've got me and there's nothing else I need in the world." he falls back and you move forward, pulling him between your legs, letting him wrap his arms around your waist and cry into your shoulder. "shh, Harry, it's alright. you're okay," you whisper, petting his hair, moving it off his now-sweaty forehead. "everything's gonna be okay, babe, promise."

Liam: "are you sure?" you ask in a timid voice, snuggling closer to Liam's bare chest. it's late at night and you can't sleep, your mind swimming with everything that needs to be done, every detail you've dealt with and the one's you've possibly missed. he laughs a little, pressing a kiss to the crown of your head. "yes, love, I'm sure. it's going to be great, no matter what." he squeezes your hand and you look up at him, feeling nervous tears fill your eyes. "how can you be so sure, Li?" he shakes his head with a smile and leans down to kiss your lips, kissing the corner of your mouth before pulling away. "I know it's going to be great, because I'm marrying you, you pretty girl. and I love you more that I've ever loved anything before. and knowing that I get to spend the rest of my life with you is enough to make me the happiest man alive." a tear seeps out of the corner of your eye and he brushes it away, catching your hand in his and bringing it to his lips. he presses his mouth against the engagement ring on your finger and smiles. "I gave you this because I want you, love. I don't need the fancy wedding or the dancing or any of it; I just need you. and the fact that you're willing to give me you is enough. and with you, everything won't be okay." you look at him, confused. "it won't? but, Li, you just said-" he silences you with a kiss and puts his hand under your chin. "everything won't be okay, love," he whispers, "it'll be great."

Louis: you've been sitting in the airport for the last hour with Louis and with every passing minute, you're getting more and more restless. you've been visiting him for the past two weeks, but now you're going back to school and he's going to LA for a couple weeks, which means you won't see each other for a while. and it makes you nervous and scared, really scared. you don't want to go; you want him to get on that plane with you but he can't and that makes you want to cry. and you end up doing so, staring at your intertwined fingers resting on his knee, your head on his shoulder and his other arm around yours. he hears the hiccuping sob instantly and pulls you up out of your seat, dragging you down the hallway of the airport to some secluded hallway you've never seen before. as soon as you're alone, you throw yourself into his arms, full out sobbing into his shoulder. "sweetheart..." he coos, wrapping his arms around your shoulders and kissing your temple. "baby, everything's going to be okay," he whispers into your hair, rocking you a little bit, cradling you. "I'm so scared, Lou," you manage to spit out between sobs, wiping your eyes on the sleeve of his sweatshirt (something he donated for your time apart). "what if you forget about me?" he gasps and his chest starts to hurt. "I could never do that," he says, holding your face in his hands and kissing you. "you're my best girl; I could never, ever forget about you."

Niall: he's in the bathroom when your water breaks and the fear that floods through you is almost paralyzing. "Niall!" you scream, loud enough and panicked enough for him to come dashing down the stairs, his jeans still undone. "what is it, luv?" he asks with wide eyes, running over to you. "Ni...Ni, my water just broke." he looks at you for a moment, probably just as shocked as you are until he stutters out, "t-tha means..." a contraction takes over your body and you squeeze his hand so hard you can feel his bones moving, waiting for it to subside before even attempting to speak. "that means I'm about to give birth, Niall, which means we need to go to the hospital. now." he starts running around the house, getting all your medical information from the desk in the kitchen and the baby bag that you've had stashed in your hall closet for the last three weeks. once you two are in the car, you've succumbed to a mellow state of nervousness, refusing to freak out, remembering that panicking will only make the baby come faster. of course, Niall chooses this time to freak out, letting you squeeze all the blood out of his hand while he drives. "babe, what if the baby doesn't like me?" he asks quietly as the hospital comes into view. he pulls into the parking lot and you squeeze his hand, this time trying to get his attention. "Niall, everything's gonna be okay, alright? we're gonna be the best parents in the world and our kid is going to love us, alright?"

Zayn: you keep your worries to yourself in the car ride from the airport to his mum's house. you've only been dating for about three months and you don't want anything to happen that might risk it. you can tell that you're falling in love with him, and that scares you too. "what's up with you, babe?" he asks in the car, reaching over to grasp your hand in his. "you're awfully quiet." the car slows to a stop at a red light and you turn to look at him, leaning your head back against the seat. "what if they don't like me, Zayn?" you ask, your voice barely a whisper. "what?" he says, confused. "what d'you mean?" you sigh. "your family, Zayn. what if they don't like me? what if your sisters think I'm weird or your mum thinks I'm too quiet or something?" he laughs. "too quiet? have you met me?" he shakes his head as the light turns green. "everything's gonna be okay, babe," he says, squeezing your hand, "promise." you're quiet the rest of the way there and when he pulls up to the driveway, your heart jumps into your throat. you might as well tell him, you think, you've got nothing to lose at this point. he comes around the car and opens the door for you, holding his hand out to help you out. when you're out of the car, you fling your arms around his neck and kiss him breathless. when you pull away, he laughs. "what was that for?" you take a deep breath."I'm falling in love with you, Zayn Malik." he kisses you again, smiling. "I'm falling in love with you, too." his family doesn't just like you, they love you.