"I just need you close to me."

Posted by: bringthepaayne

Harry: you're at some sort of event, both of you dressed to the nines, walking the red carpet hand in hand. It's the first time for you, and you're excited, bubbling beside Harry, feeling like a million bucks, squeezing his hand every time you see someone famous. He's smiling at you the entire time; enthralled by the way you quickly answer interviewer's questions and pose for photos. He's sure to keep his hand on you, on your hip or the small of you back, or wherever he can get away with, really. "You're coming with me to every event ever," he says when you get home that night, kicking your heels off as soon as you're through the door. You laugh. "Oh yeah? Why's that?" He's in front of you all of a sudden, forehead pressed to yours, breath hot against your lips when he leans down to kiss you. "Because," he says, "I need you beside me. If I got my best girl beside me, I'm golden." You giggle and he laughs along with you, dipping you back a little. "I'm serious! You're all I need in this world, baby."

Liam: he's crying, and you've never seen him cry before. He's always so strong, Liam is. So smiley and buff and manly and solid. But he walks through the door and crumples and you're scared, instantly running towards him and holding him up, guiding him to the couch and pushing his hair off his forehead, kissing his cheek. "What's wrong, Li?" you ask, holding his scruffy jaw in your hands. "What's happened?" Your arms slide around his neck and he slumps into you, a sob escaping his lips. "Bad day," he manages between sobs. "Really, really bad day." You rub your hand across his back, letting him cry into your shirt for a while. "Is there anything I can do, Liam?" you ask quietly, pulling his head up a bit and kissing his forehead. "Do you need anything?" His tears have subsided, but he still looks a bit (a lot) like a kicked puppy, and it's breaking your heart. "Can we go to bed?" he asks, sniffling. "Can we just go to bed and cuddle up and can you play with my hair? I just need you close to me."

Louis: he's sick. And he's such a suck up when he's sick, asking for countless cups of tea and soup and medicine. But you don't mind babying him, if you're honest. It's gives you a reason to call in to work and you get him to yourself for a while, which is nice. You don't actually mind if he ends up getting you sick, because then the cycle starts again, because you're just as much of a suck up as he is! You're in the kitchen, on the phone with his mum, relaying his symptoms, when he yelps your name with a scratchy voice. You say goodbye and go to the bedroom, leaning against the doorframe. "Baaaabe," he drawls from the bed, reaching his arms out to you. "What d'you need, Lou?" you ask, moving to sit at the edge of the bed. "You," he says. "I need you beside me in this freezing cold bed." You laugh. "It can't be that cold, Lou; you've been in it for the last three days!" He shakes his head, pouting. "It's horrid in here! I need your hot bod in beside mine so we can warm up together." You giggle. "It's true. And the sooner I get warm, the sooner I get better, and the sooner we can fool around."

Niall: you honestly don't think you've ever been more cross with him. He's been flipping out at you over the littlest, stupidest things, and it's starting to get on your last nerve. "What is it that you want, Niall?" you end up shouting one night, after he grumbles at you for not doing something. "What do you want me to do? I'm confused. I don't know what you want from me! I'm lost, really! Do you want me to leave, is that it?" He stares back at you, shocked, and backs you against the wall, his hands holding onto your hips, his eyes full of so much sorrow that he can't look at you anymore, his gaze dropping to the ground. "No, princess," he whispers, shaking his head. "That's the last thing I want. I want you beside me. I want you next to me forever. I'm sorry I got mad. I was being an ass. Please, just don't leave, I'm begging you." You shake your head, touched by his words. "I'm not going anywhere, Ni, promise. I'll stay here as long as you want me to." He nods, a smile forming. "Forever, then?"

Zayn: he's been acting strange all evening and you don't know why. It's a Friday night, and you usually spend those at Zayn's, overnight bag already in your car so you can spend your weekend with him. You're heading to bed when he really starts acting weird, tugging on his hair like he's really nervous about something. He somehow manages to get stuck in his t-shirt while getting changed for bed and you have to go help him, yanking it over his head. "What's with you tonight?" you ask, laughing. "Something bothering you?" He shakes his head, reaching for your hand. "It's nothing; I just wanted to ask you something." You smile at him and put your arms around his neck, pressing a kiss to the lips tattooed in the middle of his bare chest. "So ask me," you mumble against his skin. When you pull back, he puts his forehead on yours, arms going around your waist. "I like it better when you're here. I like sleeping beside you and cuddling on the couch with you. Will you move in with me?"