"I love you"

Harry: you haven't seen him for a while, maybe three weeks. he's been away doing shows and interviews, calling you when he can, sending texts and silly snapchats and making you laugh even though he's a million miles away. that's your favourite part about Harry: he can always make you smile, no matter what. you've already received two giant bouquets of flowers with love notes from him, and he put "love, Harry xx" at the end of both. it made you smile. and when his ringtone echoes through your empty flat, it makes you smile even more. "Harry?" you say, grinning around the words. "baby!" he replies back, and you can hear the grin in his voice. "whatcha doin'?" you giggle and flop onto your bed, pulling a pillow under your head and snuggling into the covers. your sheets still smell like him. "I am lying in bed, thinking." "oh, yeah? whatcha thinkin' about?" you bury your smile in the pillow. "you." the smile's back in your voice. "hey, baby? can I tell you something?" he asks, and you can almost see the blush creeping into his cheeks. "yeah, Harry, what is it?" he takes a breath before letting the words slip out of his mouth and it's the most beautiful thing you've ever heard. "I love you, baby. I really do."

Liam: he had a long day. people have been all over him lately and he's felt terrible, moping around his flat, ignoring your phone calls and texts, ordering food because he can't be bothered to cook. you leave countless messages on his voicemail, each one leading into the next. "Liiiiiiiiam. answer your phone please." "Li, c'mon, babe. let's watch movies and order pizza and make out." "Liam? sweetheart, you're worrying me. will you call me back please?" but he doesn't, so you take it upon yourself to show up at his place unannounced, letting yourself in through the unlocked door and dropping your things on the mat. he's curled up on the couch, and looks up at you with sad eyes. as soon as your coat and shoes are off, you run to him. he sits up on the couch and you slide on to his lap, putting your legs on either side of his hips, wrapping your arms around his neck and kissing his cheek over and over until he holds you as close as you're holding him. "this is what I'm here for, y'know?" you whisper. "when things happen, you have to call me and I can help, baby." he looks up at you, eyes glistening, kissing your lips once. "I love you." your heart stops and he says it again and again. "I love you I love you I love you."

Louis: Louis has been your best friend for as long as you can remember. every turning point in your life, every birthday, every drunken night and hungover morning, every heartbreak and makeup, he's been there. you two are a support system for each other. when the road gets tough on him and he needs someone on the outside to talk to, he calls you. when you're ready to pull your hair out between work and school, you call him. but things have been tense lately. you decided to try living together, because you needed a place to stay and he had an extra room in his flat. it wasn't a good idea, though, because you two managed to find any and every way to piss each other off. "I'm done, Lou!" you're screaming, stalking into your room, pulling clothes out of the closet and throwing them into a duffle bag, grabbing the few things you can't live without. "so you're just going to leave, is that it?" he snaps and you whirl on him. "yes, Louis, that's exactly what I'm going to do." you zip the bag shut and flinch when his hands land on your wrists. you think he's going to yell at you again, but his voice is soft and it surprises you. "please don't go, love. please. I'm sorry. stay, please? we'll work it out, yeah? please, babe. I love you. please. please."

Niall: life with Niall is never boring. when you're around him, there's not a minute that you aren't giggling, smiling, or crying with laughter. you tell each other jokes, laughing until your sides hurt and your cheeks are wet with tears. you're always happy around him. you've told him you love him already, you say it before you hang up the phone at night and sometimes when you two are just hanging around. he hasn't said it yet, but it's okay. you know he wants to take things slow, and that's okay with you. he'll say it when he's ready, and for now, he's content to make you laugh. so you tell joke after joke. you chase each other around the flat and wrestle on his bed, tickling each other until you can't see straight. you'll admit it turns into something heated, lips going places you wouldn't trust anyone else with, hands exploring bodies with gentler touches. you make dinner together later, laughing more about whatever, Niall doing a ridiculous walrus impression with wooden spoons. you're doubled over laughing and you wipe tears from your eyes. "god, I love you, Ni," you cry, leaning over to kiss his cheek, leaning against his shoulder, still giggling. "I love you too, princess," he whispers and you pull back and look at him. "I love you too."

Zayn: it was Zayn's artistic side that drew you to him, and it's art that held you two together, in every form. your dates were spent at art exhibits and museums and indie movies. okay, sure, you spent most of the movie making out in the back row, but that's not the point. you communicated through art, too. he wrote songs for you, you wrote poems for him. he painted murals for you, you left him silly doodles to make him smile. he was like a piece of art to you, this brooding, mysterious boy who loved you, but wasn't sure how to tell you, because, of course, he had to be artistic about it. you knew he loved you, so you waited patiently for him to tell you himself. you're used to waking up to the smell of paint and an empty bed. when inspiration hits him, Zayn's gotta do something about it. you've woken up at three in the morning and he's got the beside light on and is sketching like mad. this time, you wake up and the whole room smells like paint, but he's right there beside you. you sit up, confused, and your eyes widen. the whole wall is painted with flowers and vines, the colours jumping out at you, and the words you've been waiting for are spelled out in his creation. his lips are at your ear, kissing your skin lightly, and his arms twining around your waist, squeezing gently. "I love you."

-------------------

Published by: bringthepaayne