"you're crying"

Posted by: bringthepaayne

Harry: you're having a nightmare. And it scares him because he can't tell if you're awake or not. You've both been asleep for hours, but he's been stirring for a while, uncomfortable in his spot. He rolls over and that's when he hears you, the sharp intake of breath and the wheezing of your sobs. He pulls on your shoulder and puts a hand on your face. "Wake up, baby," he says, leaning down to kiss your forehead. Your eyes fly open and your arms go around his neck. You end up crying into his neck for a good hour, and he lets you, rocking you back and forth on the bed like a small child, not letting you go until you're quiet again. "Are you alright?" he asks the next morning when you wake up. You kiss him. "I am now."

Liam: you're screaming at him, tears streaking down your face, making his heart hurt. You're yelling at him, and he's just sitting there, taking it, knowing that he deserves whatever it is you're saying to him. Your voice is going hoarse and he can tell you're running out of steam, your voice cracking on words and your sentences ending with sobs. He can't see you cry anymore, so he grabs you, his hands wrapping around your wrists when you try to push him away. His arms slide around you and he fits his chin into the dip of your shoulder. "Stop it," he whispers when you finally give in, your hands clawing at his back as you keep crying, unable to hold it in. "I can't see you cry, baby. Please. Just stop."

Louis: you're not there to greet him when he gets home, and that's what tips him off. "Love?" he calls, hanging his coat by the door and kicking off his shoes. "Love, where are you?" You don't answer, and that's what tips him off even more. And he can head something coming from upstairs, which makes him worry even more. He dashes up the stairs to your bedroom, bursting through the door. You're on the bed, sobbing loudly, crumpled tissues in your hands and the phone discarded beside you. Something's happened, he knows, but he doesn't want to get it out of you just yet. "Shh," he whispers, sitting next to you and pulling your head onto his chest. "Just let it out, love. I'm right here. You're okay. Just let it out."

Niall: you miss him. It's the first time you two have been apart for more than a week. He's been gone for almost a month and it's starting to get to you. "It's okay, luv," he says to the computer, the distorted image of you on his screen proving to be better than nothing. "I miss you," you say, wiping the tears from your eye, chewing your lip to keep back from sobbing. His chest hurts, looking at you, seeing just how much you miss him. "I'll be back before you know it, princess. Only one more week." That makes you really start crying, a tiny whimper slipping past your bitten lip. "Baby, please don't cry," he drawls. "I'm sorry, Ni," you say quickly, wiping away more tears. "I just miss you so much. Please come home."

Zayn: so maybe this wasn't the best choice in movie. It was his choice, but he didn't think about how emotional you get at movies. You're in the theatre, hands held on the armrests, a bag of popcorn in Zayn's lap. Something happens on screen and he hears you gasp, a hand fluttering to your dropped jaw. He keeps watching the movie, but then he notices that your hands are shaking, and he squeezes your fingers, glancing over at you. Tears are pouring down your face and you're biting your lip so hard he's worried you're gonna draw blood. "Love," he whispers, leaning over and kissing your wet cheek. "D'you wanna go? We can go if you want." You nod and he stands up, leading you out of the theatre so he can hug you.