"Stay the Night?"...

"Stay the Night?"...

Harry: Harry throws one more marsh mellow into your mouth before you’re both sent into such laughter you can’t speak. You swallow it down and redeem yourself once more. You sit up against his kitchen cupboards and glance at your watch. “It’s getting late…I should get going,” you sigh. His face contorts into a saddened expression, and he sits up straighter. “What? No! Don’t leave me,” he pouts. You smile and run a hand through his hair, “I’m meeting my mom tomorrow afternoon..I have to get up early to get ready, Harry.” His fingers circle your kneecap and he asks, “Stay the night? Please?” You sigh again and a smile creeps onto your face. “I have to meet my mom.” “You can get ready here! Just, please? I need you,” he begs. You wrap your arms around him and nod your head against his chest. “Okay..but if you make me miss my lunch date you’re dead.”

Liam: Your eyes finally slope shut and your body slumps against the armrest of Liam’s couch. Liam’s soothing fingertips circle into your scalp, drowning you deeper and deeper into sleep. He watches you with a prominent smile, noticing the faces you make and the noises that escape your mouth. He was hoping you’d be able to stay overnight, but he was too shy to ask. He was afraid of rejection; he was afraid of embarrassment. He didn’t want to make you feel uncomfortable. A hand fell under the pits of your knees, and another wrapped around your left shoulder, as he hoisted you up off of the couch. He carried you up the stairs in no time, but as he was sliding you under the sheets of his bed, your eyes peeled open and you gasped. “Sorry, babe. I..I didn’t want you to be uncomfortable,” he murmured. You rubbed your eyes and yawned. “It’s okay. I probably should get going though,” you whisper. “No!” he protests, but a blush is quickly chasing it away. “I mean..I want you to stay the night. Yea. Stay?” You nod furiously and wrap your arms around his waist, grateful. He sighs, feeling accomplished and his nervousness is washed away as you remark, “I was hoping you’d ask that. And I really didn’t feel like driving home anyways.”

Niall: It’s that time of night were you can feel your eyes burning with the need of sleep but you remain awake and busy and chatting along with the ones you love. You could pass out in sleep if a pillow was placed under your head, but you can’t seem to stop talking to Niall. You both have so much to say and so much in common. “Okay, okay, what about Jenga? I’m a pro at that game,” Niall laughs. You laugh along side him and roll your eyes. “Sure, but I’m pro at Monopoly!” Niall scoffs. “I am too!” You smile and yawn. The clock on Niall’s wall catches your eyes and you gasp, frantically gathering your things. “Wha-what are you doing?” Niall puts a hand on yours and you look into his eyes with concern. “Niall, it’s two in the morning! I have to go home.” “No, it’s too dangerous out there! You can’t drive this late at night, you’ll get into an accident,” Niall protests, “just stay the night? I’ll make pancakes tomorrow morning!” You take a seat on his sofa again and nod. “Okay..but now I’m in the mood for pancakes.” He suddenly drapes your body over his back and runs in the direction of his kitchen yelling, “Pancakes it is!”

Louis: "And then he just rips out my heart and shreds it all up..like I have no feelings!" You wail, blowing your nose into yet another tissue. It ends up being thrown into a growing pile of used tissues. Louis just nods and frowns to comfort you. A rough break up sent with your boyfriend sent you to Louis’ house, leading him to be the best listener he could be. Before you both know it, the sun is setting and you are running out of ice cream. Louis takes his thumbs and wipes off the smeared, black makeup that decorates underneath your eyes. His hands rest on your cheeks and he whispers, "Stay the night?" Your eyebrows collide in thought. A moment passes and you finally place a hand on his right wrist. He cracks a small smile. "Good." "Good," you whisper in return. "Thank you, Louis."

Zayn: Zayn rests in your arms and his head lays upon your chest. His eyes are closed, but what’s underneath the lids are sad sights. His emotions are mixed and he’s feeling lost. A song plays from his chapped lips and his cracked voice. “Zayn, I know you’re stressed. But what can I do to make you feel better?” He sighs and shakes his head. “Sorry, Y/N, but I don’t think there is anything to do.” He sits himself up and pushes the comforter off of his lap. “Where are you going?” You ask, sitting up yourself. “Home, I guess. It’s late.” You place a hand on his shoulder and stop him from moving any farther. “No. I don’t want to make you leave in this state. Stay the night, babe? I promise by tomorrow you’ll be smiling again.” He cranes his neck to look at you and he gives you a thankful smile. “Okay. Okay. I’ll stay.” 

------

Published by happyhorann