Chapter 99: Straight to bed.

As soon as we checked into our rooms I walked silently with Dan to head to our room. He cleared his throat as we entered, and dropped his suitcase to lean against the wall. 

"Sorry for not being able to get a different room."

I shook my head. "No, it's cool." I collapsed on the bed. "I'm so tired."

"Me too." Dan mumbled quietly, looking at his watch. "It's not even a 3 hours flight."

"What time is it in Italy now?"

"Not even six yet. They all want to go out for dinner."

I groaned. "Now?"

"Yup." Dan made me scoot over so he could sit down, and he began unpacking his suitcase. He brought some camera equipment in his hand luggage, and he began busing around while I just lay on the bed, slowly falling asleep.

"Lia. Wake up." I felt someone ruffle my hair, and I moaned in protest, turning my head away and curling up into a ball. Dan rolled me over, trying to pick me up as he tried to wake me up. "Lia!"

"Ugh, fine." I fell off the bed, "Ouch!" I got up and headed to the bathroom to freshen up, before I applied a small amount of makeup and headed back to the main room, where Dan was getting changed. I opened up my suitcase, grabbing a dress as I pulled my shirt off, slipping the dress on and then tugging off my bottoms. Dan smiled at me politely when I was done. 

"You ready?"

"Yes." I smiled back and headed out of the room, Dan following.

"How was your flight?" He made conversation, and I nodded.

"Great. First Class was cool."

"Cool." Dan replied, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Are you going to be okay with us in the same bed?"

"Yeah, are you?"

"Yep." He muttered, and I stopped walking. 

"Dan, what is this? Why is it so awkward between us? What happened today, are you still mad with me?" 

Dan slowed down, turning around to face me. "No...I'm not mad with you...I'm just...a little hurt. I'll live."

"No, you know I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm just confused right now." I walked over and Dan immediately wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to him. He felt warm, and smelt good. 

"I'll wait for you, Lia." Dan murmured. "Only if you want me too. Maybe even longer than that."

"Is it selfish for me to want you to?" I sniffled. "I just need time to think things over."

"I know. It's just tiring. Confusing. I want to be there for you but because I'm not your boyfriend I feel like I can't be."

We stood there for a few minutes before heading down to the reception where Phil, Jess, Finn and Jack were stood. Finn was staring angrily at Dan while Jack smiled at us.

"Hey, mate. How's it going? You ready for some fine Italian food?" Jack rubbed his hands together and we headed off into the night, looking for a nice Italian restaurant. After half an hour walking, we found a small Italian place. Finn pulled out the camera and started randomly filming, and I found myself starving, digging into my pasta and I didn't speak to anyone during our meal. 

"I'm knackered, guys. I think I need to sleep right now." Jess complained, and Phil wrapped an arm around her, smiling.

"Me too, I'm exhausted. Let's get going back to the hotel."

When me and Dan reached our bedroom, I quickly pulled my dress off, grabbing one of the t-shirts from my suitcase. I looked around at Dan, who was removing his shirt. He wasn't looking, so I quickly undid my bra and then threw on the shirt, before going to the bathroom and brushing my teeth and washing my face, before climbing into my side of the bed. 

"Night, Dan." I smiled at him as he came over, just in his boxers. He lay down next to me, and confusion flickered over his face, like he wasn't sure how to act. 

So I shuffled closer, putting an arm around his stomach and rested my head on his arm, and he pulled me tighter to him. 

"Half of me is glad we had to share a bed, the other half is dreading what this is going to do to me." Dan mumbled, kissing the top of my head. The pit of my stomach twisted and turned, and I bit my lip, before sitting up. 

"I don't want to hurt you." I crossed my legs as I looked down at my lap. "We shouldn't cuddle."

"Lia, I'm sorry. I want to cuddle. You know if we don't you won't get any bed sheets." Dan stroked my back, running his hands underneath my shirt to touch my bare skin. 

"Dan, I'm not sure whether it's a good idea."

"Lia...do you still feel something for me. Yes or no?" Dan questioned, and I twisted to look at him. 

"Of course I do. But that doesn't mean it's not going to end up perfectly."

"It had for a year..." Dan commented, and I glared at his innocent face.

"Until you screwed it up!" I slapped his chest, annoyed. "If you hadn't broke up with me we wouldn't be like this."

Dan sighed before sitting up. "Look, I'm sorry. I was incredibly stressed and I should have thought it over better. But I'm here. If you still want me, I'm here. I don't know what else I can do to make you trust me again. But cuddling is a step closer. As long as you work with me and not give up on us."

I thought for a minute, before nodding. "Cuddling sounds good."

Awh awh awhhh :D THE FINAL CHAPTER IS ALMOST HERE! I wonder what the sequel will be about hmmm?? :D 

Follow me on Twitter! :D @mustbethe1d

Final Chapter arrives when I hit 590 subscribers so subscribe? :D www.youtube.com/mszoeishere