Chapter 35: Home.

Hey everyone! I have an exam in a few days so I decide to watch horror films in broad daylight xD Well...Chernobyl Diaries is kind of like a horror ^_^
And because if I like to be diverse, I also rocked out to some Hannah Montana: the movie...because I'm REALLY cool. Swag. (oh Jesus I didn't say that did I?) Yeah...if you secretly watch Hannah Montana or anything just make me feel normal...ish and tell me xD

6000 reads? Holy cow! :D Thank you all so much for reading, voting, commenting and showing support! I'm glad you all enjoy it! :D

It was just before Jess and Phil were due home, before we were finally allowed home from the hospital. I began treating her like a Queen, doing everything for her and making sure she was off her feet. Lia had to be on bed rest until she was able to move around without pain. Lia smirked at me.

"This is all going to stop when I can move, isn't it?"

"Yep." I grin smartly, kissing her head softly.

Lia laughed. "How romantic."

I cracked a grin at her. "You know it." I did a little dance to mock seduction. "I'm the bees knees."

Lia bit her lip. "Dan, why is there a ring behind your bed?"

Fuck. "Er...no reason."

"Oh...because I found it like before we split and because you never did anything I thought you..."

I knelt down next to her, taking her hands in mine. "I was going to propose. I was. But then... things got complicated and it was a better idea to wait until we got through these hurdles of ours." I kissed her quickly. "But have no fear, you will see that ring on your finger eventually."

Lia grinned. "Not yet though."

"Not yet." I shook my head, smirking.

Lia sighed contently. "Good."

"I'll try not be offended that you were too happy that I wasn't proposing." I frowned, and Lia shook her head.

"No, but I don't want that any time soon. Maybe after I've recovered." She grinned.

I sighed. "I have the radio show tonight. What if Crystal comes looking."

"That's up to you." Lia huffed. 

"What if she comes here...for you?"

"Shall I call Liam?" Lia frowned, and I sighed, nodding. 

"Probably be best. Tell him he can help himself to whatever is in the fridge."

"You are now his best friend." She giggled, pulling out her phone to call Liam. He agreed straight away, and I waited at home for him to arrive before I set off for the radio show. It then occurred to me that I never told him about Lia getting shot, and I swore under my breath.

"Lia he doesn't know about last week."

Lia frowned. "And he won't find out. Dan, Liam only cares for a few people. Anyone else is pretty much disposable to him. If he finds out he will put me before himself and try bring some sort of pain to the guy who shot me, so I'm just going to sit here for the next few hours."

"Wasn't your phone in your purse?" I tried to change topic so I didn't freak over the fact her brother was dangerous. Lia shook her head.

"It was in my bra. My purse had twenty quid. Don't worry, Liam won't hurt you." She flashed a grin at me. "Cause he knows that'll hurt me. You're safe."

"Great. Thanks for the reassurance." Girl's logic- bring a purse, put nothing in it. The doorbell went and I kissed Lia quickly before grabbing my things and opening the door for Liam. "See you soon, babe. Thanks, Liam. Make yourself at home."