Chapter 6: Lunch

"Lia, will you quit fidgeting?" Jess bugged me as we sat down at the booth of Nandos. Her friends weren't here yet, but I knew of them, and I knew that both were really good looking. But of course, I had Jason, and I was just 'Jess's little sister' to them. Even at only 25, she was the parent of the family, with  Liam being 23 and me 19. 

I didn't bother making an effort, although Jess always said I had 'natural beauty'. I tucked my hair behind my ear, looking around the restaurant. I then noticed two tall guys with dark hair, and I looked down at my hands as Jess said 'hello.'

"Hi Dan, Phil. This is my sister Lia." I looked up and smiled a little at them both as they sat down. 

"Hi girls." Phil smiled back. Dan just greeted us with a small wave. 

"So what do you like doing, Lia?" Phil tried to start conversation, and I looked up in surprise.

"I er...I don't know, I don't really do...much."

Jess sighed. "Lia likes photography." I kicked her under the table, shaking my head.

"That's only something in my free time."

"No, that's really cool. Me and Dan do YouTube videos in our free time. It's turned more into a job now, hasn't it Dan?"

Dan nodded. "Yeah, it's really fun. What camera do you have?"

When he told me which camera he owned, and I felt my mouth drop. "Are you kidding? That's got to cost so much!"

Dan smirked, glad to get a reaction. "Yeah, well the job pays well."

"No kidding." I murmured, looking down at my hands. When I realised my wrists were on show, I put them under the table, hoping they hadn't noticed.

DAN POV.

As soon as I saw her, I knew I had to help her. The still new scabs forming on the cuts on her skin, the bags under her eyes...she was like me only a few years ago. She did remind me of Jess, by her dark hair and the features on her face. If I felt a pull to Jess, I felt a bigger pull to her sister. Because I can relate to her more than I could with Jess. Only I hope that she would let me relate to her. 

After lunch, which I offered to pay for, we headed back to our flat and I showed Lia to my room where she was enthusiastic to see my camera. I was glad I had deleted my most recent video from the camera- I wasn't ready for her to see that yet. 

"This is incredible..." She was lost in a trance, then held the camera up to her face to take a picture of me. I laughed and she giggled. 

"Want to see the new video I'm working on?" Not the one recorded last night, but the one I had been working on before we moved to London but hadn't uploaded yet. About Envy. By the end of the draft Lia was in stitches. 

"You're really good at making these videos." She murmurs and I smirked, proud. 

"Well it's what I enjoy doing." I decided to see if I could get her to open up to me a bit. "But even then sometimes life just wants to throw rocks at me."

"Yeah, I know the feeling." She whispered, clicking on the Internet to go on my channel to look for more videos.

"Do you?"

She paused for a second, before shrugging. "I don't cut for no reason." She looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "Don't think I can't notice them." She looked at my arms and I turned them over so she couldn't see, embarrassed. 

"I haven't done it in a while." I looked away, and Lia watched another video. When it was done she looked at me, a smile on her face. 

"Good for you. I don't have anything like this-" She gestured to my computer. "-to think about stopping this." She then pointed to her wrists. 

"You could, if you wanted. You just need someone to help you."

She raised her eyebrow. "Oh yeah? Who would that be?"

"I could, if you like..." I whispered, and Lia smiled to herself, before watching another video. 

If you like my fanfics please vote, follow or comment! ^_^

Gonna try find more witty things to say about my twitter, but I'm too busy crying over Dan's various pulling faces (aka the dp pic) 

@zoeishere <-----twittaarrr