Chapter 97: Heading to Italy.

I switched on my phone and went straight to Temple Run 2 as I waited in Phil's house for everyone to get sorted. It was a Monday, the day after Phil announced on twitter and the radio that Jess was expecting a girl, and Phillions went wild with joy for him. I jumped as I heard a knock on the door, and I walked over to open it. 

"Hey!" Dan smiled at me as he pulled his suitcase inside. "Please don't make me sit alone on the plane." He pulled me into a hug and I laughed.

"I'm not that evil....or am I?" I smirked. "You could be sitting next to a model for all you know."

"I'd much rather sit next to you." Dan chuckled as he headed over to the sofa, picking up the phone which I had left on the sofa. "Again?" He looked at the screen, mocking me.

"It's addictive! Leave me alone!" I threw my hands in the air, and Dan laughed, resuming my game and playing in my place. I sat down next to him, crossing my legs as I watched him play. Once he died, he passed me the phone in frustration, as I began a game. 

"Stop that, Dan." I murmured, slapping his hand away as he rested it on my thigh.

"I'm not doing anything!" He exclaimed, stroking his hand further up my leg, and I swatted it away.

"None of that business in Italy, Dan. I don't need Finn getting more pissed off at me when he's started to chillax now."

Dan groaned loudly, taking his hand off my leg. "If he tries something on you I will fucking...eliminate him from this world."

"I'd like to see you try..." I murmured, distracted by the game. Dan sat up, laughing once.

"You don't think I can? Well, I think I definitely have the upper hand, considering the other night..."

I felt a smile form on my lips. "Shh."

"Can I not tell everyone how I slept with my almost-girlfriend?"

"No, you cannot."

"Phil found out. So did Jess." Dan admitted sheepishly, looking down.

"Dan!"I put my phone down and looked accusingly at him.

"Phil guessed!" Dan explained. "He couldn't hold it in, either. Jess probably found out that very minute."

"Whatever. Finn or Jack or anyone else should not know about it."

Dan frowned, looking hurt. "Why?"

"Because! It's private stuff! I never told people before when we dated why would I change that now?" I argued with him, and he folded his arms.

"Because. You know just as much as I do that Finn would be hurt that we did sleep together. Why is that such a big deal? It's not like we've not had sex before, Lia."

I opened my mouth to argue, then I shut it again. Dan's face relaxed, assuming he had won the argument, but then I opened it again.

"Because I don't know how I feel about it."

Dan was quiet for a minute, and then he sniffled, and I felt my eyes widen. 

"Dan-" I reached over to touch his arm, but he flinched away. 

"Leave me alone, Lia. I think you've done enough, don't you think?" He muttered, edging further away from me, and an awful silence filled the room. We could hear footsteps upstairs, and I stood up, shoving my phone in my pocket as I walked past Dan and headed upstairs to help Phil and Jess out. I shook my head as I sat on their bed. 

"Please don't make me sit with him."

"We pre-booked tickets. You're sitting next to Jack too."

"Well at least it's not Finn, jeez!" I groaned, "Are we meeting them at the airport?"