Chapter 94: There's still hope.

I heard the musical tone of the doorbell within the hour, and I jumped up, jogging to the front door and opening it wide to see Dan, wearing a half smile as he held a tub of ice cream and a small bouquet of flowers in both hands. 

"Hi." He leaned in, kissing my cheek. 

"Hey." I smiled, as I accepted the flowers. "Thanks."

"Sorry for earlier." Dan mumbled, walking past me. "For calling you my girlfriend."

"It was sweet." I grinned, shutting the door and heading to the open laptop. "You have no idea how quick the internet has picked up on things to prove whether we're together or not."

"What are they leaning towards?" Dan sat down next to me as I pulled the laptop onto my lap, and searched for us on tumblr. A selection of GIFs of Dan freaking out, younow's with me and Finn, as well as the lack of vlogs and banter on twitter suggested we weren't together.

"I think the odds aren't in our favour..." I smirked, and Dan chuckled. 

"What did you want to do?" Dan looked at me, and I shrugged. 

"Movie?" 

"Sounds great!" We switched off the lights, put a movie on and cuddled up closer on the couch.

"I'm glad this isn't a horror." I giggled, ten minutes into the film. "I wouldn't be able to sleep."

"I'll protect you." Dan squeezed me. "I'm glad we're doing this." He said later, and I looked at him, the light from the TV causing him to look paler than ever. But he was looking at me so lovingly, and I smiled back at him.

"Me too..." I whispered, and we both leaned closer, our lips touching quickly. Dan pulled me closer towards him, like he was addicted to me. Like I was his drug. Suddenly we heard a bang and the lights switch on, and we jumped backwards, sitting further apart as Carrie made her way into the living room, looking surprised at us both.

"Dan! Er...what are you doing here?" I tried to give her a look as she gave Dan a look, and Dan looked between us.

"Er...I brought ice cream?"

Carrie smirked, before shaking her head. "I'm going to bed. I'll see you lovebirds later."

As Carrie walked away, Dan smirked at me, obviously happy with what just happened. 

"Don't think that just because this happened means we're back together." I pointed out, and Dan's smile slipped slightly.

"Why not?"

"Because a week ago you broke up with me- that's why." I stated, and Dan sighed. 

"Well...this is better than nothing, at least." Dan reached out for my hand. "But no more kissing other guys, okay?"

"Deal." I nodded, letting go of his hand to grab my phone, which buzzed noisily on the counter. 

"It's Jack, hold on." I mumbled, before putting the phone to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hey." Jacked sighed. "Finally got him to delete the tweet. He's now sleeping on the sofa."

"Okay, thanks." I muttered, "Is he still mad with me?"

"What even happened? Did something happen between you two?"

"No. Nothing happened between us. We just got into a fight." I lied, hating myself for hurting Finn's feelings. I couldn't tell Dan that Finn said he was falling for me.

"Well pop round tomorrow, he's usually easier to talk to when he's hungover."

"Great. See you then." I hung up and pouted at Dan. "I think I just ruined my friendship with Finn."