Chapter 73: New Girl

Hit 450 subscribers! :D haha I'm updating much more often now I've done it this way haha oh well as long as you are enjoying these chapters! ^_^ <3

"Dan. Dan where are you? I need to get home and I don't want to walk alone, it's dark." I frowned as I spoke into the phone, looking out of the window. I sighed, looking at Jess with a pout. She sighed. 

"It's only been an hour. I'm sure he'll be back soon." Jess tried to console, and I rolled my eyes before grabbing my coat.

"Not soon enough." I muttered, pulling on my shoes and leaving the house. Phil called my name, and I felt him grab my arm. 

"Lia, stay here, come on. Last time-"

"-Last time I got what- shot? Unable to have kids? Yeah, what else could happen?"

Phil looked pained. "Please, Lia. I know you're going through a tough time but-"

"-Tough time? You don't know the meaning of the word. Just leave me alone."

"Lia? Phil? What's going on?" I heard Dan's voice from a distance, and immediately Phil dropped his hand, his grip on my arm gone. 

"Nothing." I muttered, walking past Dan on the way home. It was less than a few seconds before Dan caught up with me. 

"What's wrong, babe?"

"Nothing." I repeated myself, too upset to think of a better response. 

"Is it me?" He slowed down, and I shut my eyes tightly. I slowed down also. 

"Yes. No. I guess." I put a hand to my face and sighed. And I thought Dan was more of the jealous type than me.

"...Is it because I walked Angela home?"

I spun around angrily. "Who the hell is she, anyway? An intern! And you guys are famous! What are you doing with an intern!?"

Dan jaw dropped, and he frowned. "And who were you when I first met you, huh? A poor depressed girl, cutting herself and taking drugs and alcohol? Did I treat you any differently because you weren't...famous?" He spat, and shook his head, pulling out his keys out of his pocket and tossing them to me. "Go home. I'm staying at Phil's tonight. I can't even look at you."

"Dan, wait!" My vision blurred as tears filled my eyes and rolled down my cheeks. But he was gone. 

I couldn't go there, or back home. So I called the first person that came to mind.

"Hey, Lia. I feel like my ramblings must have bored you already..." Jack laughed, and I sniffled. "Lia? Everything okay?"

"No." I hiccuped, and Jack sighed.

"Where are you? I'll pick you up."

It wasn't too long until I saw Jack's car pull up next to me, and he jumped out to give me a hug. 

"What's wrong? You're freezing! You're staying with me tonight, you can't be left alone like this."

"I'm a bitch. Selfish. Jealous. A bad girlfriend." I pulled him tight to me and cried on his shoulder. "I don't deserve him." 

"Come here." He stroked my back, and then pulled me to the car. "So, tell me what happened."

"Dan and Phil brought an intern home, and he walked her home! I don't understand why he's so open to meeting her. He's so socially awkward I didn't think something like that would happen..."

Jack started the engine, and started off towards his place. "I see where you're coming from, but don't you think you should give her a chance? She could be nice."

I shook my head. "I'm not interested in being friends with her." I sniffed, looking down at my hands. 

Jack sighed. "Okay, well let's not talk about it anymore. I'm sure you could do with going out with me and Finny for a few drinks."

"Okay." I mumbled, pulling my legs to my chest. 

"Or maybe just stay in...we can watch a movie?"

"Sure...sorry Jack for being such a party pooper."

"No, no, no. You're not exactly in the best of moods right now and that's completely acceptable. Cheer up." He smirked at me, and I felt the corners of my lips curl upwards. "That's the one." Jack chuckled, before we found ourselves at the Harries household. 

A few minutes later I found myself in their living room, in the middle of Jack and Finn, digging my fingers into a bowl of popcorn as we found ourselves watching a horror film. I jumped and the popcorn flew all over my lap as a scream left my throat. 

"Jeez! Your reaction makes the scary monster on the tv ten times worse!" Finn cried out, grabbing a piece of popcorn from my lap and popping it in his mouth, grinning cheekily at me. I whined and tucked my head into Finn's chest. 

"Why did I let you guys choose the film?"

"Because!" Jack grinned, jumping up from the couch, causing some of the popcorn on my lap to fall onto the cushions. "Want any drinks?"

I nodded, and Finn wrapped an arm around my shoulder as Jack left the room.

"You feeling better now?" He asked, and I nodded. 

"Yeah. Thanks for this." I gestured to the tv and ate more popcorn. Finn chuckled, then sat up as Jack came in with drinks.

"Can we please change films? I'm freaking out." I pouted and Jack shook his head.

"No way! You are sitting through this film whether you like it or not!"

I groaned. It was two twins against me, I couldn't do anything about it.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! :D new chapter when I get 455 subscribers? Only 4 to go! So subscribe? :D www.youtube.com/mszoeishere

my twitter ^_^ @zoeishere