Chapter 14: New York

"Are you ready?" Jess grinned at me. I sat next to the window next to Dan, who was next to Phil and Jess in the plane. Dan gave my hand a squeeze as the plane began to take off and then it would be hours until we reached land again. Phil decided on making a vlog. 

"So we are on a plane heading for New York with our friends- Jess and Lia. Say 'hi'!" He pointed the camera at me and Dan and I waved with my free hand. I then pulled a face, making Phil laugh. Dan looked over at me and grinned before planting a kiss on my lips. I scrunched my face up.

"Dan! Phil, don't put that in the video!"

Dan looked hurt. "Why not?"

I rolled my eyes. "Because we haven't even had our first date, and you're going to tell the world?"

Dan grinned, nodding. "Sorry. Forgot for a second then." He turned to Phil. "You can edit it out." He then turned back to me and leaned in for a deeper kiss.

We spent the next few hours sleeping, eating, play fighting, taking pictures or vlogs and talking. The food took forever to come, and Dan got really impatient. 

He ran a hand through his hair, exhaling loudly. "Geez when will our food arrive? I can feel myself losing my fat already!"

"That's payback for not going to the gym for the past few years, Dan." I giggled and regretted it when he began tickling me. "Stop!" I was trying to be quiet due to the massive amount of people on the plane probably sleeping. I stopped him with a kiss. "Please, I'm too hungry to waste energy wriggling."

We eventually got our food, and it was in no time at all that we landed in New York. Dan grabbed my hand excitedly, pulling me through to get our luggage. I was fasinated by the massive amount of people with American accents surrounding me. 

"Holy crap." I whispered under my breath and Dan grinned at me while Phil vlogged our reactions.

"Oh, by the way I've booked us reservations for dinner tonight. Just the two of us." Dan smiled and gave my hand a gentle squeeze before helping us find our luggage. We quickly went through security and got a taxi to our hotel, which only Phil knew about. 

"Holy cow, is this where we're staying?" We all gasped when we stopped at a massive skyscraper. Phil nodded, smiling. 

"Apparently has a great view! I got two rooms." We got out of the taxi and checked in. Jess gave me a look to say 'I'm with Phil' and I nodded. Dan let go of my hand as he opened the door to our room and I ran to the window. 

"It's amazing." I felt Dan wrap his arms around me and he hummed in response, planting a kiss to my neck. I turned around in his arms and gave him a peck on his lips. "So what are we doing until dinner?"

"We could tour the city. I really need to shower first though." He smirked, and I agreed that I need to do the same. An hour later we found ourselves wandering along the streets of New York, having to be stopped every two minutes because Dan and Phil got noticed a lot. A feeling began to stir within me, and it made me feel very panicked and scared. Maybe it was the looks that the girls gave Dan as they hugged him and had their photos taken with him, probably going to tell all their friends that they met him and are meant for each other. I shook my head. Was this jealousy?

As soon as Dan was done taking pictures he noticed the panic on my face, and came over to me.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah." I took his hand and gribbed it tightly. He used the other hand to cup my cheek. 

"No you're not. What's wrong?" He kissed me softly and I deepened the kiss, letting go of his hand to pull myself closer to him. He was breathless when we parted and a smirk formed on his lips.

"You were SO jealous, weren't you?"

I shook my head. "Of course not." I took his hand again, and Dan chuckled. 

"Well there goes our private relationship." He rolled his eyes as another fan ran over to us, claiming how they're happy for us. Dan smirked and another few minutes passed as he signed autographs. I basically then dragged him away so we could at least not spend an hour in one spot in New York City. 

The rest of the day was spent visiting all the amazing toursity sites that New York had to offer. Dan and Phil didn't have anything work related planned so we'd have the whole week to just have fun before we flew back home. Dan refused to tell me where our date was until we actually got there in a taxi. It was a lovely Italian restaurant, and I beamed up at Dan. 

"It's beautiful." Candles were lit everywhere, and it reminded me of the scene in Lady and the Tramp. Dan wrapped an arm around my waist as we got led to our table, a small booth out of the way of the main bulk of people. 

"And people call me unromantic." Dan winked and took my hand, and I felt myself blushing. 

"I think you've changed that reputation now." I agreed with him and leant over the table to give him a soft kiss to the lips. He grinned in victory throughout the meal, where we ordered the same food, as well as desert. As he munched on the final forkful of cake, I noticed he began to start tapping impatiently, before he asked if I was finished and asked for the bill. We began walking through the streets of New York back to our hotel, our hands together and arms swinging as we walked.

"So...on this lovely night in New York, I think there's only one thing that could top this." Dan smiled as we neared the hotel. I laughed.

"And what would that be?" I looked up at him, his eyes sparkled.

"If you would do the honor of being my girlfriend?" he declared, pulling me tightly against his chest. my heart raced as our lips got closer and closer together.

"Of course." I whispered before our lips connected. 

If you enjoyed please vote! ^_^ Tweeett / follow me @zoeishere