Chapter 5: Deep dark hole

LIA POV

I felt the familiar buzzing feeling in my veins as I saw the smoke leave my mouth. I would say it was an ordinary cigarette, but that was last weeks news. My boyfriend smirked at me, placing a hot kiss on my lips, before laughing. 

"Do you have the money?"

I nodded. I felt bad for taking my sister's money, but she would just overlook it like every time. 

We were on the streets on London. It was dark and damp, having rained earlier. I was with my usual group of friends, the ones who have accepted me as one of their own ever since Jason took me under his wing last year. We've been together ever since. I handed him the money and he smiled at me, but frowned when he saw the red scabs on my wrists. He grabbed my arm, just like my sister did hours earlier. 

"You cutting again, Lia? What's happened now?" Even though he did get angry with me, arguing with me frequently, he still cared. "Stop doing this. It's not good for you."

I scoffed. "And this is either?" I held up the rolled up cigarette. Jason shook his head and sat me on his lap, kissing my neck. 

"Babe, you know I don't like it when you cut. I don't want your brother beating the shit out of me again." Oh yes, I remember that. When I began cutting a few months back, Liam got so pissed he took it out on the first person he thought caused it. My boyfriend. 

"Jase, don't worry about it. I'm fine." I put the cigarette to my lips and took a drag, then Jason motioned for me to let him have some. Our friend, Emily, scoffed. 

"Lovebirds, where shall we go? It's freezing out here."

"I thought we were going to a party?" I frowned. Jason nodded. 

"We're waiting for my mate."

"Mate?" Emily smiled and I rolled my eyes. Emily didn't stick to one guy for long. Let's just put it like that.

Jason nodded. "Yeah, Matt. You've met him before."

Emily groaned. "He was such a bad kisser."

Obviously didn't matter whether he was a good kisser or not, because she was attached to his face a minute after walking into some London club. Typical. Jason went to get drinks so I started dancing by myself. A minute later someone began grinding behind me, to which I assumed was Jason, and I turned around to see him gazing down on me, smirking. We locked lips, as we continued to dance. Moments blurred together, and it felt like no time at all before we stumbled to my house and he kissed me goodbye at the doorstep. 

"See you soon, babe." 

As soon as I stumbled into the kitchen, Jess handed me a plate which had a slice of bread on. She knew me too well, knowing that I always ate bread after a night out to help me sleep. I smiled quietly at her.

"So, I'd like you to meet my new friends." Oh, so there was a reason why she waited up until 2am.

"No." I shook my head. "No thanks."

"Too late, They've invited us out to lunch. Tomorrow. Don't be hungover. Plus you owe me for stealing from the jar." She looked pointedly at me, then the bread. "Eat up."

I sighed as I broke off a piece of the bread and shoved it in my mouth. Guess she had me there.

My twitter might make you laugh, so say Hiiii to me? @zoeishere