Chapter 22: Figuring things out

We hit 2000 reads! Who did that!?!? Thank you all so much for voting on my fanfic and reading it means so much to me ^_^

It was a long two weeks without hearing from Jess. Phil spent half of that time just lying in bed, unable to function. When he decided to leave the confines of his room, he was like a zombie, and I could tell it was scaring Lia. We booked a hospital appointment to see how the baby was doing and they said Lia was a month along, and that it would be a spring baby. 

"Will we be able to find out the gender soon?" Lia asked and the lady smiled at her. 

"We won't be able to find out until you're further along." 

Exactly two weeks later after Phil came home crying, Phil was sitting on the sofa watching a movie with us. Then the phone goes off and I sigh loudly, knowing I'd have to answer it. I stand up and let go of Lia's hand as I went to pick up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey Dan, is Phil there?"

"Yes he is..." I looked at Phil who looked pretty much like the zombie he's been for the past few weeks. 

"Good. I'm coming up. Do you and Lia mind if we get some privacy?"

"Sure." I nodded and hung up. "Er, Phil, me and Lia are going out for a bit hope you don't mind..." I gave Lia a look and she understood immediately, jumping up and grabbing my hand. 

"Let's go get some coffee. Or hot chocolate, for me." We left the apartment with no answer from Phil. I didn't see Jess as we headed out of our building, but I hope she'd fix this with Phil.

JESS POV.

As soon as I saw Dan and Lia leave I made my way into the building. I had been spending the past two weeks at my friends because I was scared Lia would come knocking or worse- Phil. Poor Phil. I bet he was so heartbroken when I left him at dinner. I couldn't. I panicked. But these past two weeks without him made me realise how I can't live without him either. I tried, for two weeks not seeing his face and his eyes lighting up over the simplest and smallest of things. I missed him like crazy. 

I knocked on the door. Twice. Three times. 

He is in there, right? I huffed and knocked again. 

"Phil?!" I yelled through the door and I heard something fall to the ground. I felt footsteps vibrating in front of me as the door swung open to show Phil's shocked face. 

He looked a mess. Like he hadn't slept in the past 2 weeks. Dark purple bags hung under his eyes, and his hair was unstraightened, so it curled at the ends.

"Jess? What are you-"

"-Ask me again, Phil." I let out the words I had been wanting to say for days fall out of my mouth. Phil gasped, surprised.

"What?"

I took a deep breath. "Ask me again."

"Will..." Phil struggled with his words as he tried to comprehend the situation. "Will you marry me?"

"Yes." I uttered and jumped into his arms, tears streaming down my face. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I didn't think."

"I...I'm just glad you're back." He mumbled into my hair and he began to cry. "I've missed you so much." 

I pulled away from him and took his face in my hands, pressing my lips against his. The door was shut and Phil picked me up and headed straight to his bedroom. The last thing I remembered before everything blurring into one was Phil pushing Toroto off his bed.