Chapter 13: Stop it.

In the middle of the night I woke up from some sort of nightmare. I couldn't really explain it, but all I remember was gun shots and being shot in the stomach and legs. I remember Dan crying and Phil spinning around in circles, and I clutched my cushion in terror. I heard sirens in the background and looked around the lounge. I didn't think i could get back to sleep, so I went to the bathroom and decided to get ready for the day, then settling on the sofa to read a book. A few hours later, Phil stumbled into the kitchen, making himself a bowl of cereal and sat down next to me. 

"So are you still meeting Peej today?"

"Yup." I popped the 'p' as I spoke. Dan shuffled into the kitchen, yawning.

"Why am I up so early?" He groaned, dropping to his knees and lying on the floor. I blanked him and distracted myself with my book again.

"Hey Dan, did you know Lia is going on a date with Peej?" 

"What?!" Dan jumped up and I rolled my eyes.

"It's not a date, Phil!"

"It sounds like it-"

"-You can see him, Lia." Dan interrupted Phil, and I gave him a look.

"And why not, Daniel?"

Dan gestured to Phil, and Phil stood up, awkwardly leaving the room, and Dan sat down next to me and took my hand.

"You can't because..."

"Because of what, Dan? It's not like anyone else I know want to take me out on dates and call me their girlfriend!" I was at the point of yelling now. I had so much frustration over the past few weeks which I haven't let out and I could deal with this anymore.

"I do! Okay? I do." Dan yelled at me. Silence followed for a long minute as we stared at each other.

"What?"

Dan took both of my hands, kissing them. "I like you, Lia. I've liked you ever since we met. I don't want you to see Peej because I want to see you, no-one else."

"But why did you act so weirdly before I even knew Peej? You completely blanked his tweet." I had asked Peej this earlier, and he had no idea what was up with Dan. "I thought you two were friends..."

"I was scared that Peej would charm you away from me. He understand girls better than I do. I don't have a chance."

I smiled at him and he smiled back, before cupping my cheek and pulling my lips to his, kissing me softly. I shuffled closer to him to deepen the kiss and we eventually pulled away, smirking mischievously at each other. 

"Did you know Phil booked a trip to New York to stop me seeing Peej?"

Dan laughed. "Are you kidding? Well, I owe him big time."

"We're leaving tonight, apparently."

"Have you ever been before?"

I shook my head. "My mind is not prepared for this."

He smiled at me. "Why did you sleep here? I missed you."

"Because...I don't know. I was confused." He pulled me into a hug and sighed. 

"In New York, I want to take you out. Just us two."

"Our first date." I giggled. "In New York!?"

I DM'd Peej, canceling our 'date' and spent the day with Dan and Phil before they had to leave for the show. The flight was at 4am, so I just packed while listening to their show. We were only going to be there less than a week, to get back for their next show.

Jess came over an hour after Dan and Phil left, and I told her the news.

"Me and Dan are seeing each other."

Jess gasped and pulled me into a hug. "Congrats! I could tell Dan liked you."

Jess brought over some more of my clothes and I collapsed on Dan's bed when I was done.

"This is so exhausting." I groaned and sat up when I heard the door shut and two voices laughing loudly.

"That was so embarrassing. I failed so badly." I heard Dan before he walked into the room and collapsed onto the bed next to me.

"Your show was too funny, Dan."

He groaned. "No, no it wasn't. It was awful." He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a hug. I giggled. 

"You did fine!"

"I fell over multiple times, and stumbled over my words too."

"They probably didn't even notice. Are you glad Phil was there?"

"Definitely." He nuzzled into my neck. "I want to sleep."

"It's not even midnight yet- are you okay, Dan?"

Dan groaned and didn't reply. Soon his grip loosened on me as he drifted to sleep from exhaustion. I sighed. He's been working too hard recently. I stayed with him for about half an hour before I slipped out of his arms and got a camera, taking a picture. I walked over to Phil who was in his room with Jess. 

"Dan's fallen asleep, he's far too cute." Phil took my camera and took the SD card to upload it to twitter.

"Dan got tired of everyone being cruel to him..." He then added the photo I took of him and within minutes it got hundred of retweets and favourites.

"We're too cruel." I grinned at them, before I headed into Dan's room again. He had rolled over slightly and I lay down next to him, drifting off to sleep. 

I woke up when Phil knocked on the door. "Guys! We leave in an hour!" Dan sat up quickly.

"When did I fall asleep!?"

I kept my eyes shut and pretended I was still asleep, because I felt myself drifting back into dreamland, but I knew that would be impossible when arms snaked around me and I felt him smile against my skin. 

"Lia, babe...?" I groaned and rolled to the side. Unfortunately I didn't realise how close I was to the edge and I went crashing to the ground. Dan let out a loud laugh and then laughed even more. I groaned.

"Dan! You're not supposed to laugh!" I crawled over to the door, but Dan got there before me. I rolled onto my back, pouting at him, making him grin and help me stand up. We got our bags ready and headed for the airport where we'd be embarking on a new milestone which I never thought I'd reach- going to New York!

Thanks for reading! Please vote if you enjoyed reading! :D Tweet/ follow me @zoeishere on twitteerr