Chapter 28: Wake Up.

So I have tumblr... (follow me zoeishere.tumblr.com) and I saw this one post which sparked an idea for this story to prolong the storyline and allowed me to go back to the start, in a way. I didn't know whether things were happening too quickly, I needed an interesting turn of events and....I'm sorry :') 

I hope you enjoy reading it and please comment what you think happens next! Guesses, anyone?

"Wake up, Lia." I felt a prodding on my side and I groaned, opening my eyes. I laughed at the sight. Tyler was giving me a death glare...but he was completely au natural. 

"Lia! I need help getting ready! Please, come on. I'll pay you."

I shook my head, laughing. "I don't want your money. I want a picture." I grinned, pulling out my phone and snapping a picture of a grumpy Tyler.

Half an hour later I was filming Tyler as he tried to go down the stairs in crutches, and I laughed as I noticed Dan lying on the sofa in the worst position ever. I walked over to him and put the camera to Dan's face.

"Theres a GIF for you all...my boyfriend in sleep mode."

"Leave him alone, he got a little too drunk last night." I turned around to see Phil and Jess cuddling on the couch.

"Yeah, I can tell." I mumbled, placing the camera on the table then sitting down next to Dan's head and playing with his hair. It was beginning to curl at the edges and I smiled to myself as his eyes fluttered open. Instantly a smile appeared on his face.

"Hey baby." His eyes connected with mine and I smirked at him. 

"Look who's awake."

Dan groaned and shut his eyes. "You wake up too early."

"If you didn't have me you wouldn't know mornings existed."

Dan frowned while looking behind me. "Really, Phil? Can you film elsewhere?"

I spun my head to see Phil holding the camera to us, smirking. I rolled my eyes and looked back to Dan, who sighed, before sitting up and pulling me to sit in his lap.

"I'm not kissing you until you brush your teeth." I giggled and he slid me off his lap onto the sofa, jumping to the bathroom. I gave Phil a look. 

"Way to ruin the perfect moment Phil!" I whined, and giggled as Tyler yelled for me to help him with his breakfast. 

The rest of L.A. was quite incredible, and I couldn't wait to meet Tyler and Joey at Summer in the City. I wasn't invited but because Dan was and I'm co-running our side channel, he's taking me along with him. The flight home was pretty uneventful, I slept most of the way home, and as soon as we got home I ran for the toilet. I had been holding my bladder for over an hour.

When I came out Dan gave me a look. "Are you okay?"

"Am...are pregnant people supposed to get bleeding?" I gulped, and Dan's expression paled, like Phil's and Jess's. We quickly booked another pregnancy appointment and within half an hour I found myself having an ultrasound on my almost bump. The midwife frowned, and instantly I knew something was wrong. 

"One moment, I'm just going to call in the doctor for you."

"What is it?" Panic rose in my chest as I gripped Dan's hand. 

"I'll be one minute." She rushed out of the room and I gave Dan a panicked look, tears prickling my eyes.

"Dan what's wrong? Please." Less than a second later Dan forced his lips onto mine.

"We'll be okay, Lia. Okay? You, me and the baby. We'll be fine, just know that."

The doctor came in and repeated the same thing the midwife did. 

"It seems you have a Mole Pregnancy." He stated.

"What? What does that mean? Is the baby okay?"

Then he explained it to us. How my baby wasn't a real baby at all. That it was just a bunch of cells...which had to be removed. It was a pregnancy, however when the egg was fertilised, there was an imbalance of chromosomes or the egg was fertilised by two sperm. That the past few weeks of my pregnancy was all I would get. The next few months of the pregnancy cut short. 

Tears streamed down my face as we were given the news, and I felt my heart break in two. Or more so, ripped from me, as the fetus was removed from me. 

I cried for what seemed like hours in Dan's arms. Days. I could see he was traumatised also, with this also being his first child.

"We'll try again. I don't care that we're young. We'll try for another."

Turns out we weren't allowed to try for another for a few months, because of the hormonal imbalance. 

I felt like a wall was built between me and Dan. A constant struggle for us to look at each other, before one of us left the room. We didn't intend for it to happen, but it did. I would find myself waking up to find Dan sleeping on the couch, and Phil would be making breakfast. The sympathetic look he gave me, that innocent face of the guy who is going to be my brother in law...sent me over the edge, running to the bathroom where I searched the cupboards. I locked myself in and looked at the faint pale lines on my wrists. Such clean wrists. I traced the blade across my skin, wincing when I saw blood trickle down my wrists. But I couldn't stop. I refused to stop. My once strong relationship with the love of my life was in pieces, and so was I. I heard a knock on the door.

"Lia? Are you done with the bathroom yet?" Phil called, and I was silent for a minute. "Lia?"

"Not yet. Go use your ensuite."

"Jess is in there. She's not been feeling too well."

Great. The word 'pregnant' popped into my head, before I felt my thoughts begin to blur, my eyes slowly shutting as I felt the blade slip from my fingers and tingle as it hit the floor next to me. 

Thanks for reading everyone! If you enjoyed it or wanted to tell me what you thought about this new twist please let me know in the comments! Also vote if you enjoyed it :D

Follow me! Like, subscribe?

Twitter: @mustbethe1d or @zoeishere

YouTube: www.youtube.com/mszoeishere

Tumblr: zoeishere.tumblr.com