Chapter 56: Stealing

Just realised I'm almost at 900 votes which is really awesome! :D

The next few weeks passed, and my anxiety that Lia was changing increased. She went out with her 'friend' often, sometimes called work and told them she was ill, then went out for a few hours. It wasn't adding up. I confronted her one night as to why she was skipping work and she said it was nothing. Which it wasn't. I was glad Phil and Jess were there otherwise I'd be going crazy at home. 

Lia had been out all day, and she was on her day off. I told her I had booked a table for us two for dinner, and to get home by 6pm because our reservation was at 7:30.

I waited. 

And waited.

And she didn't come home.

When it hit 8pm, I got worried, and looked to Phil. "Phil, do you think Lia is okay? She's 2 hours late."

"Call her." So I dialled her number as I headed for my bedroom for some privacy.

"Hello?" I heard a laugh in the background and a male voice. 

"Lia? Where are you? I...we had a dinner reservation."

"Shit...sorry Dan I completely forgot." Lia apologised, and I put a hand to my face. 

"Jesus Lia, you've not been...have you completely forgotten about me? We had plans. We stick to plans. Every night you're out with your 'friend' who just so happens to be your ex boyfriend!"

"How did you know about that?" Lia interrupted defensively.

"How did I know? Because Chris saw you on a date with him! But I chose to let it go because I loved you. I didn't want to let you go and leave me for your ex boyfriend. And I've just let you spend so much time with him, you're bound to leave-"

"-Dan, please. It's not what you think...."

"What is it, then?" I yelled, my heart racing with the panic in my voice.

"I can't tell you." She said quietly, and sighed. "I want to, but-"

"-but what, Lia. I feel like you're slipping away from me." I couldn't believe we were arguing through the phone, but I guess nothing is perfect.

I heard Jason's voice and my other hand tightened into a fist. Lia sighed. "No, I can't."

"Give me the phone." I heard him say, and then his voice was louder. "Hey, Lia's boyfriend. I'm so sorry I've been stealing her away from you, but we're just friends. Lia's just giving me emotional support right now."

"For what?" I muttered, angry that Lia wasn't on the other end. 

He sighed. "I'm dying, okay? So I'd appreciate it if you just fucked off right now."

I heard Lia on the other end. "Don't tell Dan that! Give it me." Lia then spoke to me. "I'm sorry, baby. I promise I won't make you feel like this again. You come before anyone else, and if you feel like I'm not spending enough time with you, I will fix that."

"Hey, no. Your boyfriend can't control you like that." I heard Jason say in the background.

"Is he kidding? Says the guy who controlled you throughout your relationship with him." I muttered, and Lia groaned. 

"Guys, one person at a time. Jason, I have spent more time with you than I have with Dan right now. I know you're ill but you have years, maybe a full life ahead of you. Dan is my life right now, and you can't expect me to change that." She paused. "Dan, I'm going to be spending time with Jason. I don't know how long I have left with him and he is a good friend and needs support right now. I'm coming home now, is our reservation over now?"

"Yeah, it would have been taken now." I mumbled, shutting my eyes. "You know what, Lia. I care about our relationship. Please."

"I'm coming home, Dan." Lia said urgently, and hung up. I went back to Phil, who sounded like he heard everything I said. He watched me as I collapsed on the sofa and shut my eyes. 

"I hate everything." I groaned and whined until Lia came home and sat down on the floor next to my head. 

"I'm sorry." She whispered, kissing my head. I opened my eyes, a smile forming on my lips as she then kissed my lips. "I'll make it up to you, dinner tomorrow?"

"Don't forget." I pouted, and Lia climbed into my arms. 

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Jason. I was worried you'd get hurt that I was with him."

"Well it's a bit late for that." I muttered, and Lia tensed, before jumping up and running to my room. Phil gave me a look. 

"Dan! Fix that!" He pointed to where Lia ran off to, and I quickly followed her, where she was curled up in my bed, head leaning on her knees. 

"I'm sorry." She cried, and I pulled her into a hug.

"You're forgiven, you were only trying to do the right thing...only babe we need to be able to tell each other things. Otherwise the other gets hurt."

Lia nodded, eyes wide and teary as I pressed my lips to hers in a loving manner. 

Awwh how sweeettt :D If you enjoyed please give this chapter a cheeky votttee and if you want to know when I update follow me! ^_^

Today is a 'recording new video' day so be sure to subscribe to my channel to find out when that video gets uploaded, should be within the week! ^_^

Currently editing now and I just CRINGE at my new hair and the faces I pull and the stories I tell are far too funny not to watch --> make sure you're subscribed! www.youtube.com/mszoeishere

@zoeishere