Chapter 10: Searching

LIA POV.

As soon as I reached the ground floor I went back to the place I last saw Jason. I had to apologise. Fortunately for me, they were just standing where we left them last, smoking and casually chatting. Jason looked up, recognising me, stood up and walked over to me. 

"Lia, what do you want?"

"I'm sorry, about Jess and whatever happened earlier."

Jason smirked. "Did you sneak out?" 

I grinned. "Yep." 

It felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders when he pulled me into a hug. "I love you Lia...we don't have to split up, do we?"

"I think I just need some time to think over things." I mumbled into his neck. "But I'm not ditching you guys. You guys are my friends."

"It feels like you are. You have your new older friends now, right?"

I shook my head. "They just let me stay with them for a bit, because I had a fight with Jess."

He let go of me and pressed his lips to mine in a deep kiss. He rested his forehead against mine as we breathed heavily. "I can't promise that I won't find another girlfriend, but you know I'll be here for you whenever. If I'm still single by the time you realise you still want me, come get me." He chuckled and kissed me again. I smirked at him, nodding.

"Deal."

"Come join us?" He pulled on my hand and I wandered over to my friends. None of them commented on what happened earlier, but accepted me as easily as they had when Jason pulled me over to them the first time I met them. One handed me a joint and when I began to get cold I decided to head back. I climbed back up to the apartment and into Dan's bedroom and swore under my breath. The door was wide open and the chair was on the floor. Guess they found out I went out for a bit. I tried to come up with an excuse in my head but I gave up and went to the bathroom to clean up as I stung of cigarettes and...other things. Half way through my shower I heard a door slam shut and a knock on the shower door.

"Lia?" The door handle moved and I gasped.

"Don't come in, you idiot!" 

"It's me...Dan."

"Yeah, I got it. I'm in the shower, do you mind?"

"Uh, okay." I heard him mumble and I grabbed a towel, dried myself off and wrapped it around myself and leaving the room to retrieve some clothes. Phil and Jess weren't there. But Dan was. I sighed. 

"What do you want?"

Dan mumbled something incoherent, so I sat down next to him, letting the sofa get soaked with my hair. 

"Dan?" 

When he looked up at me, it was genuinely like I had been assuming for the past few years of seeing him on YouTube that he was one of those guys who you could probably figure out everything about him in two seconds of knowing him. But the expression on his face- a mixture of hurt, anger and confusion, made me realise that inside he is hiding so much emotion behind that facade of his.

And then it was gone. He looked down and when he looked back up, his eyes gave nothing away. The worst part about it was that he was just completely silent. He didn't answer me, just looked at me. And I didn't like it at all, and felt my resolve begin to crumble away like my reasoning to not crawl into the corner of the room and cry. I sat up and backed away from him quietly, trying to become invisible, and creeped into Dan's room, where I got changed and climbed out of the window once again, this time shutting it completely. I didn't intend on leaving, but I just sat on the fire escape, leaning against the wall. It was a good idea to start because I was able to think through everything, but then it got cold and my hair being wet made me begin to freeze. Just in time, I heard stomping of feet come from inside and Dan's shocked face appeared by the window, and he opened it up.

"What the hell are you doing? Are you crazy?" He pulled me inside and pulled me into a hug, trying to warm me up. He shut the door and pulled me over to the bed where I cuddled up under the sheets and he climbed in beside me to keep me warm.

"I'm sorry." I whispered and Dan sighed. 

"It's fine...Phil's staying at Jess's tonight."

"Why?"

"I texted him that you were safe and he wanted to keep Jess company. I think he likes her, you know?"

I nodded. "They would be good together."

He murmured a quiet agreement. "So do I want to know where you ran off to?"

"Not really." I shivered, making Dan sigh and climb out of bed. He shuffled around his room for a moment before throwing me a dry shirt. I quickly changed, making him shut his eyes, before he joined me back in bed, pulling me tightly against him like big spoon and little spoon. I fell asleep almost instantly.

Twitter is @zoeishere and it's only for the cool people (I'm not cool but lets pretend i am haha)