Chapter 2: London

"So how far is it to walk?" I said, stepping out of Euston Train Station with my steaming cup of coffee. I was exhausted, our meeting was at 12pm, meaning I had to wake up early to get ready. I actually stay in bed all morning and most of the afternoon, so even 12pm was fairly early in my books. "Phil?" I looked around in panic as my best friend disappeared from my sight. I then noticed him further off, and caught up. 

"We'll take a taxi because we don't want to be late." He muttered, looking at his watch. I huffed as I struggled to keep up with Phil's quick pace. I accidentally knocked against someone, spilling coffee all over my hand. 

"Fuck!" I yelled, and turned around to who I shoved. A girl looked at me with venom in her eyes.

"Watch it!" She spat, turning around to go back to where she intended to go. I sighed, doing an awkward run back to Phil. 

We managed to get there on time, and the meeting went better than I imagined. We got offered a show on Radio 1!? Literally was the best day ever. We said yes immediately and me and Phil began to look around for places to rent in London. 

"What about this one?"

"It's so cheap, did someone die in there?" I laughed. 

"doesn't say anything about deaths in here, Dan. But maybe we should check it out."

We decided to walk there, knowing we weren't under any time pressure. We didn't know what to expect, maybe knocking on the door to see if anyone was there. Maybe we should have rung up, because nobody was in.

"Perfect." I mumbled. "So what should we do?"

"London Eye? I'd like to sight-see while we're here." Phil grinned and we began our trek to the London Eye. 

I've been to London before, so I remember there being many street artists, similar to Manchester (only these weren't giving kids lolly pops laced with rohypnol). 

"Oh look! That girl has a lion shirt on!" Phil pointed out a girl tuning a guitar. She had dark brown locks, dark brown eyes framed by thick lashes. She was really good looking, and I stood awkwardly next to a mime so I could wait until she was performing. She began playing some notes on her guitar, and began to sing. 

I was captivated, and without thinking I walked up to where she was performing and sat down on a bench to listen to her. I didn't know what she was singing, but she was completely in the zone, and it felt like she could feel exactly what the lyrics meant, as if she's been hurt before. Oh God, what was I thinking? I looked around for Phil. He was smirking while leaning against a tree, and I awkwardly dropped a five pound note in the guitar case and walked to Phil, shaking my head.

"I was curious."

"She was good." Phil commented. "Thought you didn't want a girlfriend."

"I don't, I'm too busy." I muttered. "Anyway I wasn't thinking of that anyway."

"Of course not, Dan." Phil murmured, a grin forming on his lips. "She's pretty."

I hummed in response. Maybe I'd bump into her again one day.

Back in Manchester, we began to sort out a place to live. We found a really nice apartment, which was a bit more expensive but that's the price you have to pay to not live in a crime scene I guess. We moved in less than a month later, excitedly tweeting that we had moved and were doing a radio show on the Sunday of that week. We spent most of our week in and out of Radio 1, preparing for our first show, so our apartment was in pieces at the moment. I was so psyched for the first show but nervous too. What if it didn't work out and we moved to London for no reason? My head was filled with so many 'what ifs' that my stomach was in knots when it almost hit 7pm and I had tweeted that we'll be started very soon.

Fortunately people seem to like my awkwardness, and it went really well. Phil was so thrilled with it he brought me a beer at the local pub after we met the fans. Usually I wouldn't be up to something like this but after all the stress I needed some alcohol in me. 

"Two beers please." Phil ordered and we sat at the bar. A girl came up to us and smirked seductively. 

"Hey, I recognise you two. Have we met before?"

I wasn't in the mood to be a wing man so shook my head. "No, I don't think so." 

Phil smiled politely. He wasn't going to pressure me into anything, even though for months he's been asking when I would 'get laid'. The girl frowned slightly.

"Oh wait, you do You Tube videos, right?" I had a feeling she knew who we were before she even asked us. I shrugged, put off.

"Yeah."

She giggled. "I think I'm subscribed to you, can I have a picture?"

Inside I sighed. It was nice that we had subscribers and all, but on some days I just wanted to crawl into bed (alone) and just waste my time on tumblr. The girl got her phone out and we took a few photos before she left to go back to her table. I rolled my eyes at Phil, who was drinking his beer.

"Can we go already? I'm exhausted."

"Come on, Dan. We can meet up with Peej and Chris if you want."

We hadn't met them in what seemed forever, so I agreed, and we began walking over to their place. It was dark, so it made sense to get a taxi, but because we were pretty close to their place we walked. Half way there I jumped out of my skin when I heard a scream, then a bang. I felt my eyes widen at Phil. Is this what London is actually like? 

Bang. Another bang, and I pulled on Phil's arm so we could run a little faster, but because my brain doesn't work right in bad situations, I tripped over my own feet and I felt my face slam into the cold pavement. My face burned with pain as I picked myself back up, and I heard sirens in the background. The noises were getting further away so we began to relax, turning the corner, and Phil yelped as he crashed into someone, jumping backward.

"Ah!" He yelled, putting a hand over his heart. A girl with dark hair was now on the floor, having fallen over. We helped her up, and she shook us off. 

"Thanks for that." She said sarcastically, then began walking in the direction we came from, and I called out to her.

"Hey!" She stopped and turned around, and I recognised her from somewhere, I didn't know where though. "There's...gun shots and sirens over there. I wouldn't go there if I were you, it's dangerous."

She smirked. "I think I can handle myself, thanks." She then turned back around and wandered off into the distance. I let out a huff as Phil pulled me back to carry on to Chris's and Peej's place. He shook his head as we knocked on their door.

"Next time, we take a taxi."

Follow @zoeishere on twittaarr cause that's me and my eyes are going square for writing so much on here xD