Chapter 44: It's Complicated

Hmm...so I saw Man Of Steel today, and I have mixed reviews about it xD I'm not giving any spoilers away but there were parts of it where I was just like meh xD

Relating to superman, you know he has those glasses and when he puts them on that is his 'disguise'? Like Hannah Montana/ Miley Cyrus/Stewart and the wig. I have those glasses, and I now am wondering whether people know it's me when I'm wearing my glasses haha XD

Loving the response from you all! I'm so glad you love this fanfic and thank you so much for all the support and LOOOVVEE <3 

I spent the next few nights at Tom's house with Carrie and Alex making sure I was sane. I was completely fine, because I was numb from the idea that me and Dan were on a break. It was only a few days until Christmas- I hoped he'd sort it out on time. 

It was on day 3 where things got a little bit complicated. I walked into the house, calling Carrie's name after a long day at Starbucks working.

"Carrie! Carrie!"

"Over here in the kitchen!" I walked to the kitchen and saw Carrie and Alex baking a cake. Inside I 'awh'ed, externally I freaked out.

"Carrie, my co-worker kissed me."

Carrie dropped the big wooden spoon and it landed on the floor. "What? Who? Why? Did you kiss him back?"

I sighed frantically, running a hand through my hair. "I don't know- I was telling him about Dan when we were cleaning up, and it just happened! No notice- no nothing!"

"Who is it?"

"Zac...he works at Starbucks. Should I tell Dan?"

"Dan's dealing with his own problems, don't add one to the list." 

I sighed as I collapsed onto the chair at the table. "Boys. Hate them."

"Hey!" Alex complained, and I slammed my head onto the table.

"Ow." I mumbled. "have you spoke to Dan, then?" I looked up at Carrie, and she nodded. "How is he?"

"Want me to answer truthfully?"

"Of course."

"He's....an emotional wreck. Phil called to see if you'd consider taking Dan back."

"But the only way I will is when he's sorted whatever it is with Crystal!" I groaned.

"That's what I told Phil, and he told me that Dan applied for a paternity test on the baby."

Progress..."What else?"

"He made it clear that Dan was hurting a lot right now, and he was trying his best to get the paternity test done quickly before Christmas, but it was unlikely that would happen."

"Can I borrow your phone?"

Carrie sighed, handing over her phone and smiling at me. "Don't let anyone guilt trip you into anything sweetie."

"But I want to spend Christmas with him. I want to give him his gift and see his face light up with excitement, I want us to be happy." I stood up and dialled Dan's number. I went into the living room and sat on the sofa as I waited for him to pick up.

"Hello? Carrie I'm kind of busy right now." Dan sniffled, and he sighed. "What do you want, Carrie?"

"I..." I began, and instantly Dan knew it was me.

"Lia? Lia, please talk to me."

I panicked, hanging up, and squeezing my eyes shut. Instantly the phone rang, and I picked up.

"Hi." I uttered out, and Dan sighed.

"I was worried I was imagining what just happened."

"I was wishing it had, I sounded stupid."

Dan chuckled quietly. "No you didn't."

"But I really did." I let out a deep breath, and a comfortable silence filled the air...or the phone connection.

"How are you?" Dan asked, and I rubbed my face with my hand.

"Been better. Much better. I miss you."

"Me too. I miss you so much, Lia. It's only been a few days that we're on this break but...I love you. This is love. We can't let something silly get in the way of that."

"But it's not silly, Dan. You're having a kid with another girl. A baby. An innocent baby. Because I'm here, that baby might never grow up with his father in his or her life. My father died- Dan! I wish he could come back in my life, and you're taking that away from someone without a second thought...like my mother."

"Babe, I know what you're saying but that girl is crazy. Why would I want to get involved with something or someone like that? That's my choice, Lia. Whichever way you see it- whether you come back to me or not- I'm not ever getting involved with Crystal in any way again. It was a mistake, and I wish it had never happened. I'm getting a paternity test done soon and if it's mine I'll get Crystal to sign to make sure she doesn't discuss to anyone what happened. I've already got my lawyer sorting it out as we speak, Lia. I'm trying, please." Dan was raising his voice and speaking very quickly, and I felt tears pricking at my eyes. 

"Dan, this is why me being away is good. I can't deal with what's going on there."

"When are you coming home? All of your stuff is still here, and it's Christmas soon." I imagined Dan pouting, and he choked. "Great, now I'm crying."

"I beat you to it." I giggled, tears streaming down my face. Dan sighed.

"I wish I could hug you right now..." I heard bed springs, and I sighed. 

"Me too...come over?"

"Definitely."

This is even making me go 'nooooo poor Dan and Lia D; ' I hope it got a similar response, not that I'd want you to be sad but the intended response would be that you were at least somewhat emotional ;D if you did enjoy it please vote, comment or follow me on wattpad ^_^

Check out my twitter, youtube and tumblr too! (followers and subscribers get free cookies)

@zoeishere

www.youtube.com/mszoeishere

zoeishere.tumblr.com