Chapter 68: Bad Dreams

This is the chapter I wrote when I published the other chapter when I was at 16000 reads :') I wonder how many reads I'll have by the time this one is published ^_^ (OMG 80000 WOAH) (EDIT: almost 1.2 million holy cow)

This one I was unsure to do. I want to make this fanfic pretty damn realistic cause (no offense) it frustrates me when people make mistakes in their fanfics, it annoys me to make silly mistakes in mine, and I have to change it as soon as I see it :') So I don't know how 'common' this would be irl, I hope it doesn't happen often, ofc, but I got the idea just before bed so I thought I could include it.

"Lia, stay right there." Dan grinned, letting go of my hand as he went behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, leaning his head against mine as Phil snapped a picture. I guessed it was winter, Christmas to be exact, with the Christmas tree standing tall next to the window overlooking London. For some reason it was snowing loads, and there was a thick layer of snow coating the floor. 

"Dan who is at the door?" Phil asked, even though I didn't hear the door bell go. Dan jumped to open the door, though. 

Then a bang went. Another bang. And another. 

Red splattered the perfect white snow against the floor, and Dan's pale face clouded as he clutched his stomach, red coating the clean white of his shirt. I tried to look around him, see who was the shooter, as a scream tried to escape from my throat. 

It was him. I know it was. The scream left my throat as Dan collapsed to the floor, eyes dead and empty.

Suddenly, the scene was different as I gasped, sitting up in my bed. The room was dark and humid, even though it was still winter cold outside. I looked to Dan, sleeping peacefully next to me, and I rubbed the sleep from my eyes. 

This was the real world. It was just a bad nightmare. I was okay, Dan was okay. He stirred in his sleep, putting a hand across to my leg to make sure I was still next to him. He half opened his eyes and yawned when he realised I was awake. 

"Babe?" He whispered groggily, and I shook my head.

"Go back to sleep, Dan. I just had a bad dream."

Dan stroked an arm around my waist, sitting up as he did so. "What was it about?"

"About....about the shooter." I looked down, leaning into Dan's chest.

Dan pulled me to him, "You're fine." He pulled away and kissed me softly on the lips. He smirked. "I'm tired."

"Go to bed. I'm too awake now, I might go for a run when it's socially acceptable." I looked to the clock. It read 4am. I guess I could lie in bed for a few more hours. I laid back down and Dan followed, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. 

"He's in prison, he's not coming back for you." He whispered, before his eyes drifted shut again.

After my run, I pulled out my phone to find a text from Jason, saying he wanted to meet up. Also a text from Alfie asking when to post up the videos we filmed. The one where we dressed up was the other day and it was fair to say Alfie was the most embarrassed to what I had made him wear. He had brought a clown suit for me to wear and the most embarrassing part of that was when I made a little boy cry.

Tonight? - L 

I then gave Jason a call. 

"Hello?" Jason asked cheerily.

"Hey Jase! Fancy meeting up for lunch?" 

"Sounds great!"

Dan began dancing as he cooked. "Want some breakfast?"