Chapter 34: Hospital.

I'm so excited about the response from the last chapter! Thank you all for voting, commenting or even reading these chapters so far! If you like this chapter please vote or comment ^_^

I didn't call Phil or Jess. Lia wouldn't want them to know about it unless the worst happened. So I sat there, in the waiting room, waiting. Obviously. Well done Captain Obvious. 

Lia was in surgery for over 5 hours. Apparently they were having many difficulties. But as long as they brought Lia out alive, I would wait as many hours for her. 

The police came to me as soon as I had stop crying, asking for my statement.

"I had just had a fight with her. But it wasn't me, I swear. She ran off and I heard a scream and a gunshot, and he came running towards me, and I tried to stop him. When I saw he had Lia's handbag, I ran straight to her." I tried to piece the events together, but all I could remember was my emotions. Guilt. Pain. Heartbreak. 

"What did he look like?" 

I shut my eyes, wishing I didn't have to relive the moment, but I knew I had to get justice. For Lia. "He had...brown hair. Dark brown. Probably a light brown when it wasn't raining. It was long...ish. Dark eyes."

"Height?"

I shrugged. "About the same height as me. A bit smaller."

The policeman's phone went off, and he took the call, then spoke to me. "We think we got the guy, he was in possession of a woman's purse and a gun. He's been arrested."

I nodded, relieved. "Good."

They left me alone after that, and the hours continued. 

"Daniel Howell?" As soon as my name was called, I jumped up, and the Doctor smiled at me. "Lia is out of surgery now. She's resting, but you can go in and see her."

"Is she okay?"

He nodded. "We'll have to discuss this with Lia, when she wakes up."

That didn't sound good. "Is there something wrong?" Panic rose in my voice, and instantly every possible bad thing that could happen ran through my head. 

He frowned. "Daniel I can't discuss this with you without permission from Lia." He led me to her room and immediately I went to her side. Unlike the last time she was in a hospital, her wrists weren't bandaged up. But last night she said we were over. But she said she loved me. I was confused. I hoped we weren't back to the way we were before.

About an hour later her eyes fluttered open, and she grabbed my hand tightly, gasping. Her heart rate went up and a nurse rushed in. 

"Where am I? Dan?!"

"Shh, you're in hospital. You were shot." I felt tears brimming in my eyes and as I blinked, they slid down my face.

Lia let her head fall to the pillows, and her eyes filled with tears as she looked at me. "I thought I was going to lose you. Lose everything."

"I thought the same thing." I smiled at her and she sighed.

"I think unlike the last time I was here, it was my own doings. I was in control. I...I didn't have control this time, Dan. It scared me. Loads. I don't think I could ever put a blade to my wrist again, life is too precious." A tear slipped down her cheek. The doctor arrived and checked Lia over. 

"I think you should be able to go home in a few days, but because of where the bullet went, you had a lot of internal injuries."

"What are you trying to say?" Lia whispered shakily.

"it's not impossible, but it may be difficult for you to bear children, or conceive, for that matter. I'm very sorry."

Lia nodded along for the next few minutes, and when he left she burst into tears. "First we had the molar and now..." She cried again. "I'd understand if you don't want to get back together. You're already having one kid with some girl."

I groaned. "Lia, please. Chris suggested that she may have poke holes in the...condom, so she's just some crazy fan. Please, don't let it break us up. I won't ever love anyone as much as I love you."

"I want to be with you." Lia mumbled. "But you need to sort whatever that is with Crystal. Get her to stop."

"I will. I didn't cheat on you, just know that." I kissed her lips softly and she sighed.

"You didn't tell Phil or Jess did you? Please say you didn't."

"I didn't." I smirked. "But they might kill me when they come back."

"I'll make us get the pity party." She tried to smile, but just sniffled instead. She tried to sit up, but winced in pain. "Fuck, I'm going to have the worst scar." A nurse came in and gave her morphine. Lia's eyes began to drift and she clutched my hand weakly.

"Don't leave." She mumbled before she fell asleep. I smiled at her as I kissed her hand before crawling up on my seat to try catch some Zzz's too. I tried not to think about the news the doctor gave us. We will keep trying. I could be with any girl who would be less complicated, less broken than Lia, but her imperfections are what make her perfect to me, and I couldn't see myself anywhere else but by her side.

Eeeee was so excited to update haha! A day is far too long to wait xD I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you do please vote, comment or follow me! :D

twitter: @zoeishere

YouTube: www.youtube.com/mszoeishere

Tumblr: zoeishere.tumblr.com

Have a lovely day! :D <3