Chapter 84: Jealousy?

DAN POV

"Dude, your girlfriend is so drunk." Peej chuckled, and I frowned, peering over his shoulder as he looked at the live stream screen. 

"She's not my girlfriend anymore." I sighed, feeling a pang of jealousy as Finn pulled her onto his lap, beaming proudly. What happened to the bro code? As soon as Jack said they weren't dating, I scoffed.

"Right." I muttered, and Peej looked up to me. 

"Okay, I know you didn't feel up to seeing Carrie's show tonight, but I'd rather that then listen to you like this."

"I'm not whining." I said in defense, biting my lip.

"You broke up with her, remember? Don't expect her to stick around waiting for you." Peej shook his head, and I frowned.

"We love each other....how could she move on so quickly?"

"So you still love her?" Peej rolled his eyes, as if he was fed up of my attitude.

"Of course I do." I said without thinking. "I mean..."

"Sure." Peej smirked at me. "Well, she's going to Carrie's tonight. Forgot to mention."

"Hm..." I hummed, grabbing my coat. "You know what? I'd hate to disappoint Carrie by not turning up."

As soon as we got to the building Les Miserables was showing in, I couldn't help but look around to see if I could spot Lia from the crowd, before Peej pulled me to our seats. 

Carrie was incredible, and as soon as it was finished I jumped up and headed for backstage, where I knew Carrie would be.

Then I saw her. My heart skipped a beat, and I felt my throat close up.

"Dan, Peej...I thought you cancelled..." Carrie stammered, pulling Lia behind her.

I couldn't take my eyes off Lia. "We decided we couldn't miss it-" I paused as I saw Lia dash off, and looked back at Carrie. "It was great."

Carrie smiled in thanks then looked behind her, sighing, then looking at me. "You should've told me. You shouldn't be here."

"You did invite me." I stated the obvious, and Carrie's eyes narrowed. 

"And you cancelled." Carrie grew impatient. "So I invited Lia. Who just so happens to be best away from you right now."

I felt my face contort in pain, and Carrie's face softened. 

"I'm sorry. I...I guess I was only thinking of Lia for a second then...but you are being a total dick right now." She enveloped me in a hug and I felt as if my heart ripped in two. Lia couldn't bear to be near me...

I missed her, and it had only been a couple of days. Lia was handling it far better than I was!

There was a knock on the door, and I opened my eyes to see her, again. 

"Carrie, I found someone who wants to say hi!" She completely blanked me as a photo with a viewer was taken, and as soon as it was, she ran off, and I looked around, stunned to see Peej had gone, too. If he hurts her...

I frowned as I realised I had already done that. But as the viewer had disappeared, Carrie turned to give me a look.

"See? She can't be near you. I don't think you really know what you've done."

"Carrie- stop. Just...don't make me think about things I don't want to, okay? Yes I wasn't thinking rationally when it happened but it did. I can't take it back, not yet anyway."

"Not yet? Dan are you fucking kidding me?" Carrie shook her head in disbelief. "You can't mess people around like this! Do you love Lia?"

I couldn't answer her, then she asked me again.

"Do you love her?" Carrie urged, and I nodded in defeat.

"Of course I do. But-"

"-But nothing, Dan-"

"-But that doesn't change anything!" I screamed at her. "It doesn't change the fact that I don't know what our future holds!"

Carrie was quiet for a moment. "I do. Your future....is now without her." And in that moment, Peej came walking through the door. Peej began yelling abuse at me, and I couldn't stand everyone left right and centre criticizing me for my actions, I lost it. I didn't know what came over me, but all I saw was red.

I rubbed my swelling cheek thoughtfully as I walked home in the darkness. Peej was right, Carrie was right. I was being a complete dick, and I don't even know if I want kids anymore. I thought back to that time with Crystal, and I shuddered. Maybe it wasn't just the concept of kids in my future. 

Lia was my life. But...ugh, things are complicated.

SO sorry for the late update (almost midnight, oops xd) but today was my first day at uni!! Ahh so exciting! If you think that means I've forgotten about this fanfic think again! New chapter when I hit 510 subscribers so hit that subscribe button? :D www.youtube.com/mszoeishere

What are your thoughts on this fanfic so far? Likey or no likey? xD I will reply to all of you who commented on yesterdays chapter but soooo tired plus my room is a mess xD Hope you enjoyed this chapter! <3