Danganronpa x Reader - Christmas Eve

A/N: MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS, EVERYONE! I've been kinda slacking off on the wintery oneshots and for that I apologize. I'll try harder to get them done before New Year's. For now, enjoy some romantic Christmas escapades!

(Even though not everyone is mentioned, everyone in classes 77, 78, and in DRV3 are here (non-despair AU, of course)!

--

The air was warm and cozy as the wind howled outside. It had been snowing heavily for hours, and whereas there were only a few inches outside when you'd all arrived at the cabin early in the morning, now the snow was piling up visibly outside the windows.

Some of the others had gotten busy around the kitchen earlier, making drinks and snacks. Sayaka had roped you into helping Chihiro make some gingerbread men while Sakura pounded out some dough for sugar cookies with Gonta. Angie was busy frosting the ones already made and Kyoko was stirring a pot of hot chocolate while Makoto talked to her. Luckily the kitchen was large enough to hold all of you comfortably, but you still looked about for an open spot to stand and relax. Junko was sitting with her sister at the kitchen table, a piece of paper in front of them that they were writing on. What it was, you couldn't tell, but it looked like a list of activities (you spotted Just Dance and karaoke among others).

Shouting came from the living room, and when you peered over the bar you saw that some of the others had managed to set up some of the gaming systems. Someone had booted up Smash Ultimate and the rest of your classmates were watching eight people playing. You chuckled when you saw Chiaki, maining as Isabelle, was totally wrecking the other seven with a small, barely noticeable smile on her face.

Aoi was sitting by the fire with Angie and Kaede, sipping a hot drink and laughing with them. Kaede was showing them funny animal videos.

Sayaka skirted up to you and kissed your cheek, handing you a cup of (hot drink) and a cookie. "Who's winning so far?"

"Chiaki, as always," you replied with a smile.

She giggled, folding her arms. "I guess I should've guessed, huh?"

You sipped your drink as Kyoko finally poured Makoto a cup of hot chocolate, a soft smile on her face as he thanked her and walked off. She eyed the two of you and walked over.

"Take care not to eat too many sweets tonight," she warned gently. "Sakura is making french toast and crepes tomorrow for breakfast. Don't want any of us to get too sick of it."

"Ooh, sounds great!" You exclaimed. "Is that why she wanted all of that fruit?"

"Yes." Kyoko nodded. "Better to get them before the blizzard makes it impossible to leave when we inevitably are forced to."

At her dry joke, both of you laughed, catching Sakura's attention. She and Gonta looked over with soft smiles before going back to making cookies.

"YESSS!" Someone hollered from the living room, startling the three of you. You glanced over to see Kazuichi hailing Chiaki as the champion. "Class 78, get your fighters ready!"

"Ah, I promised I'd go play." Sayaka pouted. "Will you come cheer me on?"

"Of course," you replied, and Kyoko brushed your cheek with her hand before going back to the hot chocolate.

You followed Sayaka to the living room and squeezed between her and Yasuhiro on one of the expansive leather couches.

"Heh-hey, (y/n)!" Yasuhiro greeted you with a side-hug and a grin. "Ready to see some real gaming?"

"Knock 'em dead, Hiro." You chuckled.

Mondo glanced over at you and reached over, squeezing your knee. Kiyotaka was resting against him, seemingly engrossed in a book.