Kyoko Kirigiri x Reader x Kirumi Tojo - Unfriendly Rivalry

REQUESTED BY: Princess_Natsuki_57

A/N: What is this? A rarepair? Featuring a clueless, adorable reader? It's more likely than you think. Enjoy!

--

The two girls stared each other down as you worked happily between them, humming a tune while you worked on your Animal Crossing island.

Kyoko narrowed her eyes at the maid, and Kirumi returned the look.

How on earth did this rivalry come about? Neither of them knew for sure, but they did know one thing: the battle for (y/n)'s heart was on.

Man, you were having the time of your life!

Ever since you'd introduced yourself to Kyoko and Kirumi, the two girls seemed to take to you like a duck to water. Only a few weeks into your friendship and you considered yourself pretty close to both of them.

They always did nice things for you; Kyoko sometimes brought you your favorite snacks, or Kirumi would press your clothes so that they looked crisp in your closet. Or Kyoko would take you out for ice cream, and Kirumi would bring you bubble tea (just the flavor you liked). Every time they'd do it with a smile, an expression that made you feel happy inside.

Although sometimes they acted strangely around each other... whenever Kyoko and you studied in your room, and Kirumi would enter to ask for your help with something, sometimes you caught a cold look get shared between the two. Same goes when you were hanging out with Kirumi and Kyoko came to fetch you for an activity that you'd previously agreed to.

Strange indeed. It was almost as if they hated each other. But they couldn't possibly hate each other, right? After all, they were both such good friends with you... surely you were just overthinking it!

After all, you had two best friends now! You'd hate to pit them against each other.

It was Kyoko's study day, and she was looking forward to having alone time with you. Both of you would be in her room, with your favorite snacks and drinks, studying for the upcoming exam. Best of all, she thought, no Tojo.

Before meeting you, she was largely unaware of the maid's presence. She was just a part of the background, just another face in the crowd. But when you'd accidentally stumbled into the detective on the first day of school, something changed -- and soon enough her face began to pop up everywhere you were.

It made her feel uneasy, to say the least. Kyoko wasn't always possessive of people or things, but with you, she didn't want to share. You felt different; your bubbly personality was a bit to deal with at first, but you truly endeared yourself to her and now she couldn't think of letting you go.

She walked up to you after class with a barely-there smile. "Are you ready to study?"

"Oh!" you perked up at this, your face lighting up. "Yeah, I just need to stop by my room to grab something real quick."

"I'll walk with you then," she replied, and followed you as you left the classroom.

The two of you talked (well, you talked, she listened) all the way to the dorms. But just as you entered the dorm, who else but Kirumi appeared.

"(y/n), I need your assistance real quick," she said, sparing Kyoko a snide glance. Tch. How rude.

"Oh?" You frowned, spotting the bright red stain on her uniform. "What happened? Did you spill juice or something?"