Peko Pekoyama x Reader - (Gay Panic)

A/N: I've seen y'all thirsty on main for this beautiful lady, and all I'mma say is, I see you.

--

Another boring day at school. You huffed a piece of hair out of your eyes as you sat in the lunchroom, poking at your food.

"--so then I was thinking we could get Sakura to bench-press the rest of-- (y/n), are you listening?" Sayaka asked, poking your cheek.

"Yeah, I'm listening," you sighed, glancing across the table at her. "You wanted Sakura to bench-press half of Class 79-A, right?"

"Yeah! And then Nidai-kun would be lifting the other half!" She brightened up. "Then we'd get to see once and for all who's stronger!"

You nodded, taking another sip of your drink.

You promptly spit it out in surprise when a girl came into the lunchroom. "Holy Ultimate Hope, who on earth is that?"

Sayaka, who'd dodged your spit-take, glanced over and her eyes lit up with recognition. "Oh! That's Pekoyama-chan! She's the Ultimate Gangster's right-hand-woman, remember? The one with the sword?"

You could feel the rest of your drink pooling in your open mouth, but you didn't care. "Step on me," you whispered as you wiped your drool away. "Is she single?"

"Uh... as far as I know? I haven't exactly asked her..."

You abruptly stood up from the table, your face set in determination. "I'm going to date her," you declared.

"Uh-- good for you?" Sayaka squeaked.

Your week of subtly trailing Pekoyama had revealed several things.

First, she nearly always seemed to be with her 'master' Fuyuhiko. She seemed to be pretty attached to him (dare you say, she seemed to be in love with him?).

Second, you still couldn't tell if she was open to dating a girl. She never seemed to look anyone else's way, only having eyes for her master.

Third, you were still hopelessly gay for her. A tragedy in two parts.

You sighed, hugging your knees to your chest. You'd thought to slip a note in her locker, but once you actually did, you panicked and locked yourself in your room, unable to bear the inevitable rejection.

"I'm so stupid... of course she likes him," you muttered to yourself. "Why couldn't I have picked another woman who could bench-press me without breaking a sweat? ... oh yeah, Akane is straight and Sakura is taken already."

A sudden knock to your door made you jolt in surprise.

"Oh shit..." you groaned.

Getting up from the floor, you made your way to the door. Taking a deep breath, you unlocked it and cautiously cracked it open enough to peek out. "Yes...?"

Your face burned red when you saw Peko standing there (prim as always) with your note in her hand.

"I assume you are... (l/n) (y/n) of Class 77-A, right?" She asked, glancing down at the note for a moment.

"Y- yes, that's me," you replied. Your mouth felt dry. "Can I... help you?"

"I'm here to return your note," she said, handing it over.

As you took it, her fingers brushed up against yours. It didn't help your racing heart. Crap... can she hear how hard it's pounding?

"I await your response." She bowed at the waist before turning to leave. Wait... what?

You watched dumbly as her footsteps echoed across the hallway before fading entirely. Slowly, you looked down at the note and unfolded it.

"I accept your proposal. Meet me at 6 PM tomorrow night at the Hanamura branch restaurant. Wear something nice."

Your heart skipped a beat. As calmly as you could, you refolded the note and shut your door.

As soon as you had total privacy, you fist-pumped the air, screaming. "SHE WANTS TO DATE ME!"

--

A/N: Help, I'm thirsty for a swordswoman who could break me like a Kitkat bar.

Please tell me what you thought, feel free to request, and I'll see you guys later!