Izuru Kamukura x Reader - Prenuptial Pandemonium

REQUESTED BY: Anonymoussssssss8

A/N: Enjoy some fluff!

--

Izuru Kamukura was in a bind.

He usually prided himself on having control of things that happened to him; as an analyst he was skilled in reading the atmosphere around him and catching subtle details to help himself stay relatively in control of things at all times.

But this was new. This was... scary, if he was being honest.

He graduated from Hope's Peak, dammit, but he couldn't pop the question to his high school sweetheart?!

Okay, so maybe the problem wasn't him, per se, but it was the fact that you were incredibly oblivious and things just so happened to happen to cause his attempts to go unnoticed.

Proposing with a picnic date? Some kids' ball got kicked your direction and messed up the food (and caused you to get a bloody nose). Doing it with a restaurant dinner? Somebody had an allergic reaction and you immediately jumped in to help (having had an anaphylactic on you in case of emergencies) and stayed with them until they were carted off in an ambulance. Taking you to the aquarium? You were just too enamored with touching and petting the sea creatures (and marveling at the stingrays).

Taking you to a ball game? While you two got on the kiss cam, when he was about to pull out the ring some rabid fan jumped up in their seat and spilled their soda all over you, causing you to leave to change your clothes.

Going to the beach? Not only was it too windy, but somehow the forecast changed midday and it started raining heavily down on you, forcing you to go back inside before you could see the 'Marry me?' that he'd written in the sand with a stick.

Getting one of your friends to host a surprise party? They somehow gave you the wrong address, forcing Hajime to go get you when your car broke down on the other side of town. By the time you arrived, everyone had either conked out or left, and Izuru just decided to forfeit the attempt when he saw how ragged you looked.

Honestly, if he didn't know any better, he'd think that Nagito's luck had somehow rubbed off on him, and he didn't know whether he wanted to strangle him or have an emotional breakdown.

He'd tried just about everything, even booking a hotel for the weekend (and giving the staff strict instructions to not let any calls or visitors come through for you both), but apparently your mom texted you before he was about to get down on one knee about some family emergency that you needed to immediately leave for. He spent the weekend alone, throwing back that expensive bottle of whiskey, scrolling through the news, and soaking (read: sulking) in the jacuzzi.

When you came back, you were apologetic about not getting the weekend with him. You offered to take him to your family's vacation cabin in the mountains, a thank-you from your mom for helping with your family member during the weekend. He agreed, sighing to himself that this was his last shot; if he blew it, then he'd just wait for you to ask.

So that following week, the two of you packed and headed to the cabin. Luckily for both of you it had wifi, albeit a slower connection than in the city.

The two of you had a blast together, going on walks and you showed him all of your favorite spots from childhood. As the two of you winded down one night with a bottle of sparkling cider and a bonfire with s'mores, he decided that this was his moment.

You had turned away to grab another marshmallow to toast, and when you looked back at him, you froze upon seeing him with a box in his hand.

"Izuru, what's that?" You asked, pointing to it.

He flipped it open and as soon as you saw the ring, you gasped. "I-- Izu..."

"I've been trying to ask you for weeks, but something always came up before," he explained quietly. "Better late than never, but will you marry me?"

You choked a laugh, wiping the tear that came to your eye. "So all of those dates... those were you trying to ask me?"

The exasperated look he gave you was more than enough evidence, and it sent you into an uncontrollable burst of giggling. You nearly dropped your smore into your lap when you nodded, smiling like a fool. "Yes, I will."

Izuru breathed a sigh of relief. Hey, nothing horrible happened. It was actually... quite romantic.

As he slipped the ring onto your finger, you pointed to his roasting stick. "Do you want another marshmallow?"

"Why not, I've got nowhere to be tomorrow than with you." He gave you a tired smile as you handed him another marshmallow.

--

A/N: (yelling with hands cupped to mouth like a microphone) MORE SILLY PROPOSAL SHENANIGANS IN ROMANCE MOVIES AND LESS ACTUAL ANGST PLEASE

Please tell me what you thought, feel free to request more, and I'll see you guys later!