Male!Chiaki Nanami x Gamer!Reader - Get Noscoped

A/N: Hoo boy, I've been working on this one for a while! This was one of the very first ones I began working on when I was developing the book, and I'm glad it's done! I hope you enjoy!

Contains shameless references to CoD and DEH (sorry not sorry).

-

"Lol, get rekt scrub."

You laughed to yourself as you played a multiplayer shooting game, sniping this one guy over and over. His screen name was gam3rb0i77, and he seemed to be getting frustrated at your skills.

gam3rb0i77: Y U keep sniping me?

You decided not to reply and just sniped him again.

TheLegend11037: get rekt haha ;3

You giggled when he replied with a frowny face. This was too much fun!

You weren't the Ultimate Game Developer for nothing. You had created this game yourself, and you knew all the tricks to put yourself on top of the leaderboards.

After a few more matches, you finally decided to message him.

TheLegend11037: Hey so I think you're a pretty good gamer.

gam3rb0i77: thanks, so are you.

TheLegend11037: What school do u go to? With that talent you could go to Hope's Peak.

gam3rb0i77: I do go to HPA.

You gaped at that, but then slapped your forehead. "Of course, dummy. Why wouldn't they scout this dude out with gaming talent like that?"

TheLegend11037: Cool! Can I meet you sometime?

gam3rb0i77: dunno. I'll have to see.

TheLegend11037: Well, if I ever see you I'll give you a shoutout (\*7*/)

gam3rb0i77: :) That would be nice.

-line-

The next day, Chiaki was sitting in class as usual, but this time he was having a hard time concentrating on his gaming system.

Sonia noticed and walked over. "Nanami-kun, are you okay? You seem a bit more distracted than usual."

He looked up with a bored gaze, and gave her a tiny smile. "I am distracted. I met the best gamer I've ever seen last night."

"Oh, really? What's their name?" Sonia looked intrigued as she sat in the desk next to him, as the owner wasn't in the room.

"Their screen name was..." Chiaki thought for a moment. "Um...TheLegend11037."

"Huh...strange name, I guess." The princess giggled, patting his back. "But I really hope you get to meet them. What're they like?"

"They're determined." Chiaki mused, setting the GameGirl down on his desk. "They kept sniping me."

"Oh, this is one of those overrated multiplayer shooting games." Sonia nodded. "Which one? Was it Wall of Gucci again?"

"Yeah. I guess...I've never met anyone who loves games just as much as I do...besides Hinata." Chiaki let out a drawn-out sigh. "I really want to meet the person behind that username."

-line-

"Crap, crap, crap, crap! I'm late!"

A girl with (h/l) (h/c) hair raced down the hallway, her bookbag slung over her shoulder and under her arm so it rested against her hip. It bounced along with her strides as she ran down the hallway, only barely making it to the door before she fell to her knees, gasping for air.