Ryoma Hoshi x Reader - Unexpected Bonding

REQUESTED BY: Princess_Natsuki_57

A/N: Enjoy some more soft Ryoma =w=

--

"Bon!" You called worriedly, running around the grounds. "Where'd you get to? Bon!"

Oh geez, first my homework gets drenched, then I lose the cat? You thought frantically, ducking near a bush to search underneath. I knew I should've stayed in bed today...

Keeping an emotional support animal at Hope's Peak meant you had to go through a few hurdles to keep Cinnabon, but luckily the principal was very understanding of your situation and allowed you to keep her in your dorm room, advising you to keep her either inside or with you at all times (as a few students were allergic to cat dander).

Today you'd thought to take her outside with you to sit in the grass, as it was a beautiful day outside and it was your day off. But the second you took your eyes off of her for one second, she hopped off your lap and rushed off. Cinnabon never left your side, so you were understandably panicked.

"Bon!" You called again, tears clouding your vision. You were losing hope of ever finding her, but as you rounded a corner, about to yell again, you noticed one of your classmates sitting up against the wall.

Ryoma wasn't a boy you were very close to. He was standoffish and rather curt to those who tried to strike up a conversation, claiming that his company wasn't a good omen for others. Even Kaede, one of the friendliest in your class, only managed to start a tentative 'friendship' with him (he wasn't cold to her like the others, but he didn't seek her out either).

You understood why he stood off by himself most times, as you got anxious easily in a crowd. But there was always something that compelled you to try and talk to him, even if you only came away with it with naught more than a dismissal.

And here he was, sitting on the ground, with a cat in his lap. A familiar cat. A cinnamon-ginger cat.

"Cinnabon!" You exclaimed, making him look up at you. Your cat meowed, nudging your hand with her head when you fell to your knees and reached for him. "Thank you for finding him, Hoshi-kun, I- I don't know what I would've done!"

"So your name is Cinnabon, huh?" He chuckled at the cat, scratching him. "Rather cute."

You blushed in embarrassment, covering your face with your hands.

He looked up at you, his eyes soft and a smile threatening to curl his lips for a moment, before it went back to its neutral state. "I didn't take you for the cat type, (l/n). How long have you had him?"

"E- ever since first year of middle school," you explained, taking your hands away to gently pet Cinnabon's head. "I was really anxious all the time, and one night my dad found him shivering in an alleyway. We cleaned him up and searched for his owner, but he must've been abandoned as a baby, so... I took him." You smiled at your cat when he nuzzled you. "We just clicked, I guess."

He hummed low in his throat, watching as Cinnabon jumped out of his lap and into yours, purring into your chest. You held the cat gently, giggling a little bit when he licked your cheek, flicking away the spilled tears.

When you looked at Ryoma again, he had a fond look in his eye.

"Thank you again for finding him," you said quietly, stroking the cat's fur.

"It's more like he found me," he explained. "He wouldn't leave until you found him, it seems."

You giggled weakly at that. "Well, he's always had a knack for leading me to good things."

He watched as you stood. Nodding to himself, he followed suit.

"I would like to spend more time with him," Ryoma said, brushing off the back of his pants. "Would you be adverse to that?"

"Uh, s-sure!" You stuttered, face blooming pink. "I usually keep him in my dorm room, principal's orders, so..."

"Good." He nodded again. "I'll be over tonight. With that English homework due tomorrow."

"Sure," was all you could say in disbelief.

He waved as he started to walk away. "See you."

You stood there for a few moments, staring at his retreating figure, before looking down at your cat.

Cinnabon meowed at you, closing his eyes.

--

Please tell me what you thought, feel free to request more, and I'll see you guys later!