Makoto Naegi x Depressed!Reader - Will Tomorrow Come?

REQUESTED BY:  Alyssajj11 

A/N: Hey, it's been a while. Sorry for the hiatus; I got caught up in my FF.net projects. You finally get a semi-fluffy Makoto oneshot! I hope you all enjoy.

Oh! Also, thank you all for 30K! It gives me warm fuzzies to see how many of you have enjoyed this book. Sorry that this has to come so late (it's practically at 40K now), but consider this a special.

Slight content warning: Mentions death and suicide, because this is Danganronpa and death comes just as naturally as food in that universe.

--

The clock's loud ticking made her head pulse with pain.

Their screams had woken her again. Her friends' terrified faces had firmly planted themselves in her mind's eye and she was forced to keep reliving the horrors from Hope's Peak, over, and over, and over again.

Most nights, it was Sakura's grisly suicide and Aoi's anguished sobs, but tonight, it was Makoto's botched execution that she dreamt of. Her best friend sent to die for a murder they both knew he hadn't committed haunted her worst nightmares. The sheer terror on his face as that crusher came closer and closer to ending his life...

(y/n) let out a tiny sob as she scrubbed viciously at her eyelids with her fists. She couldn't afford to keep doing this. She had to forget. She had to hold onto hope, like Munakata said.

She was supposed to be the Ultimate Chemist, she was supposed to know how to fix this!

No matter how hard she tried, no matter how much she desperately wished she could find a way to forget, the memories came back and taunted her. Sayaka. Chihiro. Kiyotaka. Sakura.

She thought back to the debates, when everyone was wildly flinging accusations at one another. More than once, someone had implicated her, as she had usually been a cheerful girl who liked to be around others. More than once, she'd come close to death, but thankfully, Kyoko and Makoto were there to save her skin and bring the real killer to justice. She could still feel their accusatory, disgusted stares on her skin, even though the accusers were long dead. It made her skin crawl with discomfort, and she had to take a look around the room to make sure she wasn't being watched by any security cameras.

The alarm clock caught her eye, and its bright red numbers momentarily brought a flashback to Junko's puppet bear. Fresh tears filled her eyes and she had to look away. Only three-ten in the morning. There was no way she was getting back to sleep easily now.

She sniffled. It just wasn't fair. It just wasn't fair! Their class had so many hopes and dreams for the future, and someone just waltzes on in and fucks everything up? Hope's Peak was supposed to be a light for the future! Yet like with everything else, someone else had come and casually blown out the flame, leaving its staff and students in darkness.

She could vividly remember the fake Junko -- who had really been Mukuro, unbeknownst to everyone. The girl's persona had been bubbly and a little rude, but she could see a genuine fondness inside of her for her classmates. The first day in Hell had been a rough one, beginning with her untimely demise. All she wanted was to get out with the rest of them, and yet she was made the first target. She had confided in (y/n) that she actually didn't even really like modeling, but it came with her talent. She'd offered her a makeover one of the days that they'd spend together in the school... but that day never came.

And next, there was Sayaka. The girl had been friendly with (y/n) for the grand total of a few days that they spent in relative normalcy. She talked of her troupe of idols and how eager she was to get back to them. They giggled together over Sayaka's mini-crush on Makoto, and (y/n) had cried the hardest when she found Sayaka's body in the shower. After the sadness came the anger at her -- the anger of trying to get Makoto killed -- but eventually it fizzled away, leaving her hollow. Those bloody halls had sapped every ounce of optimism that she'd entered with. If it hadn't been for Makoto and Aoi, her closest friends in that cursed hellhole, she would have turned to despair a lot sooner.

Danganronpa x Reader OneshotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara