Kyoko Kirigiri x Reader - Strays

REQUESTED BY: B4gel

A/N: I've always wanted to see Kyoko with a cat. Maybe Meowkoto Nyaegi?

--

In your defense, the pitiful meows coming from the box in the alley had pulled at your heartstrings. It was raining, cold, and the kitty was so cute -- so you smuggled it in under your coat, hoping that your wife would let you keep it.

Thankfully, she was still out of the house when you got home, so you got to work drying off the cat (an adorable fluffy thing with chestnut fur that reminded you way too much of a certain classmate of yours) and getting it the closest thing to cat food that you could - some canned tuna you found in the pantry, along with some water.

The cat had been super clingy with you ever since you got him (you checked real quick to identify that it was, indeed, a boy) dry and warm, constantly rubbing against your legs and purring like a motorboat. As soon as he'd been given food and water he ate it hungrily, and you sat nearby and watched amusedly when he licked the bowl clean. Afterward, he looked up at you with big, innocent olive eyes and mewed.

"Aww," you cooed, bending and extending your arms. When he hopped up into them, snuggling close to your chest, you stroked his fur. "You're so cute! You remind me of a friend of mine, y'know? You're so adorable."

He meowed, licking your neck. You giggled.

"What are you doing?" Your wife's voice made you startle, and you whirled around to see her in the entryway, coat in her hands, a questioning look on her face.

You blinked, waving. "Uh... hi, darling..."

"Where on earth did you get a cat?" She asked.

"I found him outside," you replied, showing her his sweet little face. He yawned and purred. "In my defense, it was cold and wet, and he was just too cute to leave there!"

Kyoko just looked at you, her face carefully blank. Deep down you knew she found the cat as cute as you did, but convincing her to keep him would be difficult.

She took a deep breath.

"Can we keep him?" You interrupted before she could say anything. You gave her puppy-dog eyes, "Pleeeeeeeeease?"

"We really shouldn't be picking up strays on a moment's notice," she muttered.

At the pleading look in your eyes, she sighed. "Okay, but we'll have to get him to the vet to be checked over immediately."

"Yes!" you cheered, and the cat mewed. You kissed your wife. "Thank you thank you thank you!"

She blushed, but smiled at you, shaking her head. "Just let me change real quick and I can do the shopping while you take him in."

"Yes! Okay, let's get going, Nyaegi-chan!"

"N-" Kyoko paused, giving you an incredulous look. "You named the cat... Nyaegi?"

"Doesn't he remind you of Makoto?"

She paused. "He does, but that's not the point."

"I wanna name him Nyaegi," you insisted. "It's either that or Meowkoto."

Kyoko opened her mouth, as if to reply, but then shut it. She pinched the bridge of her nose and let out a sigh through her nose. "Nyaegi it is, then."

"Yay!"

--

A/N: CAT NAEGI RIGHTS

Please tell me what you thought, feel free to request more, and I'll see you guys later!