(50K SPECIAL!) Leon Kuwata x Reserve Course!Reader - Plans

A/N: I'M SO SORRY FOR TAKING THIS LONG TO POST THIS! I was taking a break from posting because of the KnY Scenarios book (you can still request for that, btw), but I figured you at least deserve a special.

Thank you so, so much for 50K! I still can't believe so many of you enjoy this book. It really warms my heart.

Without further ado, I hope you enjoy!

--

He scanned the crowd of students, looking exclusively for one.

The Reserve Course gave him dirty looks as they passed him by, some even spitting at his feet, but he paid them no mind. He was on a mission, and not even their scathing insults could deter him.

Ah! There she was!

A pretty girl walked through the front doors, flanked by two of her friends. She chatted happily with them, her bright smile lighting up her face.

His breath caught in his throat, and he could only stare helplessly as she laughed, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. She was still so perfect.

She caught his eye and suddenly her smile was gone, replaced with a curious, neutral face. He knew he was putting them both in jeopardy for going to find her so early, but he just couldn't help it.

Her lips pressed into a line and she turned away, bidding her friends a hasty goodbye. They watched her in confusion as she walked away before shrugging and continuing on their way.

(y/n) dipped around the corner that he was behind, giving him a hushed "What are you doing here?" before he pulled her in for a kiss.

Her eyes widened, but she leaned into him, hugging him close until he pulled away.

"What was that about?" She questioned, patting his head when he rested it on her shoulder.

"I missed you," he mumbled into her hair, closing his eyes. "It hurts being this far away from you all the time."

Immediately, she softened. "I know, Leo," she sighed, "but you know what they'd do to me if they found out... not to mention what they'd do to you. We'd be crucified."

"I don't care!" He stubbornly huffed, pulling back to give her a frustrated frown. "I love you, (y/n). Why should it matter to any of them? Our relationship is our business alone. I know the teachers won't give a shit!"

(y/n) smiled sadly, reaching up to cup his cheek. "I know your teacher doesn't care, but my classmates and teachers do. They already have their suspicions about me, you know -- if they found out we were dating, they'd probably attack me ten times worse." Her eyes darted from him to her hand.

Leon immediately caught on to her sober tone, and he gingerly traced her cheek. She winced.

"Oh, babe," he groaned, shaking his head. "Why didn't you tell me sooner? This is against school rules! They should get their asses expelled for this!"

"Because it won't do anything," she replied dismissively, frowning back. "I've tried. The teachers just tell me to suck it up because I'll have much, much worse waiting for me after we graduate."

Leon kissed his teeth angrily, pulling (y/n) in for a tighter hug. His brain was going a mile a minute. How dare they? How dare they hurt the most beautiful girl in the senior class? Didn't they know how much he appreciated her?

The two stood like that for a while, their heartbeats soothing one another. (y/n) closed her eyes, breathing in Leon's cologne with a content smile.

"I love you, ya know?" He suddenly spoke.

"You've said it many times, yes," she agreed with a chuckle. "I love you too."

"No, really, I love you." His voice took on a serious tone. "I don't just care about our 'dates' -- even though that's a bonus. I really, really do love you."

"Well, thank you, I suppose," (y/n) laughed quietly, looking up with an amused face. "I'm glad that you don't just like me for what I can do for you."

"C'mon, babe, I'm trying to be serious," he groaned, but he felt the smile tugging at his mouth all the same. "(y/n), when we get outta this hellhole, let's get married."

She paused, eyes widening a fraction. "Are you being serious?"

"Why would I just pop the question casually?" He replied, arching an eyebrow. "I'm serious! Let's get married."

"I-- I don't know what to say," (y/n) stammered, pushing some of her (f/c) hair behind her ear in a nervous fashion. "Why are you so sure of this, all of a sudden? I thought we were going to take things slow, figure out what we both want first?"

"Do you not want to?" Leon asked.

"No! Of course I do!" She exclaimed before clapping her hand over her mouth, twisting around to see if anyone heard. She sighed in relief when nobody turned, and so she turned back to face him. "I just... ugh, I don't know what I'm thinking. What if we fall out before graduation? What if I'm expelled? What if--"

He rose a finger to her mouth, cutting her off. She gave him a confused, angry look for a moment.

He grinned. "(y/n). If I'm serious now, I'm gonna be serious three months from now. Let's get married. With my baseball career, I can keep us both comfortable."

"And what if we fall out?" She challenged. "What'll you do if you don't love me anymore?"

Leon laughed, and (y/n) turned around in a panic to see if anyone was hearing it. She whirled back around, shushing him frantically.

"(y/n). Babe." He shook his head amusedly. "I'm not gonna fall out of love with you. I've seen you puke, for fuck's sake. We're good."

She paused then, eyebrows knitting together in concern. "Then... then what if..."

"Stop with the 'what ifs', I've made up my mind." He promised, taking her hands in his. "Whaddya say?"

(y/n) searched his face desperately, taking in every corner of his soft expression. After a few moments, she closed her eyes, let out a sigh, looked back up at him, and gave a small smile. "... Sure, why the hell not?"

"Cool." He threw an arm around her shoulders, leading her back through the way he came in. "Whaddya say to some food? The guys are meeting at BurgerWorld, that cool with you?"

"Sure," (y/n) breathed, her bangs shadowing her eyes as she smiled at the ground. Leon's hand was warm in hers, and she squeezed it affectionately.

--

A/N: Once more, thank you for 50K. I appreciate each and every one of you that reads and comments on the book.

Please tell me what you thought and feel free to request!