K1B0 x Reader - 'Love' Spec

REQUESTED BY: Im_just_here_simpin

A/N: Alright! I'm back for more!

Have some more requested fluffiness for everyone's favorite android!

--

Miu looked up from what she was tinkering with when she heard the door open. At the sight of the android, she lit up. "K1B0! What'cha doing here? Come for a check-up?"

"No, I... I have a problem." He fidgeted with his hands, his cheeks a synthetic pink. "Can I... just... ask you a question?"

"I guess so?" She swiveled around in her chair and patted the desk. "C'mon, sit down."

He obeyed, and once he was on the table, she folded her arms across her chest.

"Alright, spill it! What's gotcha all steamed?" She questioned.

K1B0 shyly looked away with a troubled frown. "Something... I feel something has changed within my mechanics. I can't pinpoint what it is, but I'm not functioning the way I was before."

"Uh oh, that's not good," she commented, grabbing her goggles. "Do ya need me to open you up or something?"

"No, I- I mean yes, I mean," he let out a frustrated noise. "I don't know."

"Well tell me more." She frowned at him. "What's different, exactly?"

"Well, my... my memory banks have been compromised, I think." He tilted his head in thought. "Instead of my usual processes, I've found my thoughts stuck on a certain person. I... I can't stop thinking about her."

"Her?" She echoed slyly.

"Yes?" K1B0 frowned, confused. "And I've found myself more restless than usual. I keep mindlessly going to where I know she'll be, even if I have no reason to be there."

"Go on," Miu encouraged, grabbing a clipboard and a pen and furiously scribbling.

"And every time I speak with her, I keep dwelling on our conversations long after the fact. Things I should have or shouldn't have said, certain details she reveals to me, and it's frustrating."

Miu hummed in thought. "What else is there? Any other physical changes?"

"Well, uh, my internal fans start working faster whenever I'm around her, and I find my mechanics running hotter." He sighed, looking desperately to her. "Iruma, what's happened to me? Has someone messed with my electronics?"

She narrowed her eyes at her notes for a moment before nodding and looking up. "What you told me doesn't sound like someone fucking with ya, but I've gotta ask... could you be in love?"

"L- love?" He startled at the question. "What, uh, what is..."

"Love is tricky, I guess," she shrugged loosely. "But what you've described sounds like symptoms of love. Wanting to be around someone, heart-- er, fans going faster when you're around 'em, wanting to be near 'em... I think you're in love."

"In... love..." he echoed softly, staring at his hands.

"The real question is, who's the lucky gal?" She winked before fluttering her eyelashes. "Is it little 'ol me?"

"No! No, it's not you, it's, um..." he winced. "I've been notified that I'm... not exactly the most subtle in my actions around her. Already others have informed me that they figured it out before I did."

"Well what's her name? It can't be that obvious if I'm not thinkin' of any."

"It's... (y/n)..." he trailed off.

Miu paused for a moment, staring at him. Then she snorted. "Oh, is it? Yeah, I can see that."

"Y- you can?!" He squeaked in surprise. "But-- but how?!"

"Buddy, the way you've been looking around her is super fuckin' cute," she chuckled, reaching over to pat his shoulder. "You look like a damn puppy! If you were any more sweet you'd give me diabetes."

"So how do I tell her about this... 'love'?"

"Well you can't just say it outright, you gotta make it romantic!" She exclaimed. "Just... pick some flowers and tell her how you feel! But-- but not in that super detailed way you just told me. Just... ugh, I don't know! Kaede's better at this than me! Go ask one of the girls!"

"O... kay," he said slowly, still puzzled as he slipped off the table. "Thank you for the help, Iruma."

"Good luck, tiger," she winked before turning back to her work. "And lemme know later how it goes, okay?"

(y/n) turned when she felt a tap on her shoulder. When the botanist noticed the nervous android standing there with flowers in his hand, she smiled. "Hey there, K1B0. What'cha got?"

"They're, um, for you," he said awkwardly, holding out the bouquet. "I was told to give them, um, t- to you."

"Oh, that's very sweet." She accepted the blooms and gingerly sniffed them. "They smell amazing."

"I-- I, um," he began. When she looked at him, his cheeks turned red and his fans started to whir louder. "I... I like you."

She paused. Then she chortled. "I like you too. You're a good person."

"Really?" He looked hopeful.

"Yeah, you're one of the sweetest in the class." Her smile was bright as she pet his head. "I'm glad to have met you."

"That's, that's good, because um, I..." he hesitated before clenching his eyes shut. "I seem to be in love with you, so it's fortunate that you like me!"

(y/n) startled for a moment, but when she realized, she giggled, petting his head again.

"Is that what this is about?" She asked. "Are you confessing?"

"Is... it not working?" He opened his eyes, disappointed.

"No, no, I think it's cute!" (y/n) smiled at him. "I'm honored to be the first one to have you learn what romantic love feels like."

She admired the flowers again before continuing, "How would you like to stargaze with me tonight?"

"Really?" His shoulders lifted.

"Really." She winked before turning away. "I'll go ahead and put these in the greenhouse."

As she walked away, he felt that he should follow her.

Slowly, his legs moved, and he trotted until he was walking beside the girl.

--

A/N: I hope this was cute enough. I had a lot of fun with the whole 'android goes to mechanic for advice' trope.

Please tell me what you thought, feel free to request more, and I'll see you guys later!