Nagito Komaeda x Reader - Sleepy Time Tea

REQUESTED BY: Dumbass_45

A/N: I'm kinda fudging on the dorm setup. For one, I'm referencing the earlier concept of each floor of the dorms having a common area for the students to congregate at. Second, I'm adding a bath to the dorm bathrooms.

Anyway, enjoy the fluff.

--

You had a problem.

It was widely known among the 77th batches that you had a horrible problem with gaming. Of course, as your talent was the Ultimate ESports Athlete, you had to continue to sharpen your skills as gaming evolved and tournaments tried to catch up to the trends.

Your problem didn't lie in gaming itself, but rather the hours that you chose to play said games. Every night without fail for at least five hours after curfew (oftentimes longer), you would play and play and play until you ran out of coffee and finally crashed. Luckily one of your friends was kind enough to wake you for school in the mornings, but due to your messed-up schedule you often fell asleep during the day, and classes were your worst times for it.

Given that you hardly ever ate a proper breakfast (instead relying on energy bars and small, easy-to-eat fruits), by lunchtime you were starving. Due to having friends in other classes, you generally hung out with the other batch of 77th students and sat next to Nagito.

Without fail, every single time you sat with him, you happened to fall asleep on him. Whether it was in the library, or the gym, or in the dorm's communal living area, you always conked out on his shoulder.

Today was no different. As soon as you took one sip of your soup and had to wait until it cooled a bit, you felt your eyelids grow heavier and heavier until you fell asleep.

Nagito paused in listening to something Chiaki had to say when he felt a weight on his shoulder, and he gave a little sigh, smiling indulgently at your unconscious form.

"Oop, looks like (y/n) crashed again," Mahiru chuckled, pulling out her camera. "Hold still, Komaeda-kun."

"Not like I could move, if I wanted to," he replied, shifting so that your face wasn't digging uncomfortably into the bones of his shoulder.

You just gave a soft sigh and nestled your cheek further into his chest. His heartbeat spiked, causing your nose to scrunch up a bit.

The girls at the table all cooed over this.

"You're so damned lucky, Komaeda," Kazuichi muttered, sulking as he slurped his spaghetti.

"How romantic," Teruteru sighed, smiling saucily at the two. "How about sharing a plate like they do in the-- AIIE!"

He shrieked when someone jabbed him in the knee with a fork.

"Pay no attention to him," Ibuki grinned, setting the fork aside and standing up. "Gotta go get another one!"

Muttering incoherently, your eyelids slowly cracked open and you rose a hand to sleepily yawn. "Oh, I fell asleep..."

You suddenly remembered who you were sitting next to and looked up at Nagito, giving him an apologetic wince. "Sorry, Komaeda-kun. I swear I don't plan when I fall asleep."

"It's fine," he shrugged with a smile. "I would never mind."

Returning his expression, you turned back to your soup and continued to drink it.

Nagito glanced over at you, his cheeks pinkening, as he continued to eat his noodles.