Mukuro Ikusaba x Male!Reader - Sweet Baking

A/N: Hello! Since Mukuro is gravely (ha, sorry) underappreciated, here's a oneshot for her! Enjoy!

--

"Kuro-chaaaaaan!" A cheery voice rang from across the hall.

The girl in question paused, turning as a boy skipped towards her, a plate in his hands.

"(l/n), what a surprise." She said, raising an eyebrow. "What is that?"

"I made a peach tart, but I accidentally made too much!" He chuckled sheepishly, holding out the plate. "So I'm giving away pieces! This is for you."

Mukuro blinked, hesitantly taking the plate and staring at him.

"I hope you like it!" He chirped, winking before turning and running off again.

She slowly slid her eyes down to look at the slice of tart, which looked to be decorated with peach slices in the shape of a rose.

"It does look good," she thought to herself. "I'll go get a fork."

Some time later, she was hanging around her sister in the cafeteria.

"So, I heard you got some food from (y/n)!" Junko giggled. "Sweetie, isn't he? He always makes so many desserts, I wonder why?"

"It is indeed odd that he would continually make so much," Mukuro nodded in agreement. "I wonder."

Junko looked around and grinned, elbowing the dark-haired girl in the side. "Look alive, 'cause speak of the devil, he's coming over here!"

She straightened her posture a little, watching as he came walking over with a big smile, holding another plate. This time, it held some delicious-looking chocolate cookies.

"Hi, 'Kuro-chan! Enoshima-san!" He greeted, holding out the plate. "I made a few too many cookies... care for some?"

"I think we'd love some, (y/n)!" Junko said, grabbing two from his hands. She grinned wider. "Thank you!"

"Aw, it's nothing," he blushed a light pink and rubbed his neck with a smile. "Anyway, gotta go!"

As he walked away, Junko handed her sister a cookie while simultaneously biting into hers with an exaggerated moan of delight that dangerously bordered on pornographic territory. "He makes seriously good chocolate-chip cookies. Like, suuuuper good."

Mukuro accepted it, giving it a curious glance-over before taking a bite. The sweetness and a hint of coconut hit her tongue, and her eyes widened. Once she finished swallowing, she said in amazement, "This is delicious."

"Right?" Junko popped her last bite in her mouth with a content sigh. "Thank God for Ultimate Bakers, am I right?"

Later that day, Mukuro was walking to the gym when she stopped at a familiar voice. She sighed when she turned, seeing (y/n) running to her.

"What is it this time, (l/n)-san?" She asked as he skidded to a stop, panting for breath.

"Just some sweet bread this time," he laughed nervously, handing her a plate with a slice. "I'm sorry... am I bothering you? I-- if I am, I'll stop--!"

"No, no, you aren't," she placated, accepting the plate. "It's just... no one gives me this sort of attention. Forgive me if it comes across as suspicious, but... I was afraid you were trying to poison me."

"What? Poison you?" He gawked, eyes wide. "Never! Never ever, 'Kuro-chan!"

She nodded slowly, the sweet bread suddenly having weight in her hands. "Then why...?"

"Because I really like you, Mukuro." He bowed at the waist, presumably to hide his burning face. "I'm sorry that it's not traditional, but-- p- please go out with me!"

She blinked at him in surprise.

Beat.

"Wh-- what?"

"S-- sorry, but... it took a lot of my nerve to say it in the first place..." he giggled weakly, looking back up with a face redder than an apple. "I don't think I can say it again..."

She considered him for a moment. She had to admit, the attention was nice, and yet... she hardly knew him. He was from the other class, and so they hardly ever crossed paths.

And yet...

She took a bite of the sweet bread, making a noise of delight. He was as sweet as his desserts.

After she'd swallowed the bite, she gave him a slow nod. "Perhaps. I'll think it over."

"Thank you!" He bowed again before running away, face still burning hot.

She watched him go with a bit of fondness, before she went back to the bread.

--

A/N: I hope you enjoyed! I really wish we'd gotten more scenes with her in the anime. She's so cute!

Please tell me what you thought, feel free to request, and I'll see you later!