Gonta Gokuhara x Reader - Rest and Care

REQUESTED BY: sugarcwake

A/N: I hope you enjoy soft Gonta!

--

Another day in this hellhole, but at least it was sunny, so you had that for comfort.

You walked slowly through the main building, occasionally muttering to yourself. After Kaede's trial and execution that same day, the others were understandably on edge, and you weren't an exception. Shuichi had hidden himself in his room cloaked in a shroud, his eyes solemn and pained.

You stopped when you spotted Gonta outside, sitting in the grass with his back to the building. "Hmm...?" You mumbled as you walked out the front door. "Gokuhara...?"

He turned a bit when he heard your voice. His face was pulled into a frown, and his glasses were off -- probably sitting next to him.

"Oh, it's (l/n)-san," he greeted quietly. "Hello. What can Gonta do for you?"

"Are you okay?" You asked instead, walking closer. "You look... well, I mean..."

He nodded, turning back to face forward as you sat at his right. The big man seemed to curl in on himself, looking much smaller with his knees to his chest.

"Gonta is just... thinking," he replied, lowering his eyes to the vibrant emerald grass. "Gonta still cannot believe that someone as kind as Kaede-san would be..."

Oh. Of course.

Your heart sank into your stomach and you nodded. "I know... Kaede was so nice to me, even when I couldn't remember anything about myself. I can't believe she was capable of... that."

He made a small noise of agreement, and the two of you sat together, listening to the quiet.

"Whenever Gonta..." he paused, then tried again, "whenever Gonta feels alone, he always... feels better whenever he's in nature. Sometimes Gonta remembers his family and misses them, but..."

He looked over, eyes suspiciously shiny, a shy smile on his face. "... Gonta remembers that he's with kind people, and suddenly he doesn't feel so sick."

You felt your cheeks turn pink at that, but you attempted a smile in return. It came out stilted and tight.

"Kaede-san was one of Gonta's first friends here," he continued. "But (y/n)-san is also Gonta's friend. And friends... friends should stay together in the bad times, right? Like a family?"

Your heart clenched, and you thought of your own past, still shrouded in mystery and darkness. You nodded, feeling your eyes grow misty. "Y-- yeah," your voice cracked a little, and you lay your hand on his. "That's right, Gonta. We... we're friends."

He smiled again, and his eyes became half-lidded. "Thank you... Gonta is sleepy," he murmured. "(y/n)-san looks like she needs rest too... would you like to sleep?"

You nodded again, feeling the stress overcome your body once more. You'd already taken a short nap before, but hell, what was one more?

Gonta lay himself down in the grass, taking his glasses and putting them back on. When you lay down beside him, he rested a hand on yours, his large, warm hand totally engulfing yours and giving you a feeling of comfort. For the big man that he was, he was so sensitive and trusting, it made you feel more relaxed around him, and he often radiated an aura of safety. When he told you that he'd protect you from the Mastermind, you believed it wholeheartedly.

You blushed at the thought, nestling your face into his arm and hiding it.

His eyelids closed, and his face straightened out into a neutral one, though there was a hint of a smile on his lips as he fell asleep.

--

A/N: Soft himbo bug boy is best boy, y'all can't fight me on this. (I apologize if I got any timeline events wrong; I haven't gotten much exposure to V3 and haven't seen LPs or played it myself yet.)

Please tell me what you thought, feel free to request more, and I'll see you later!