SHSL!Hajime Hinata x Reader - The Art of the Proposal

REQUESTED BY: SPORTS-

A/N: Here's a really fluffy one for Hajime! Enjoy!

--

Everything was going according to your plan. You'd made sure of it. From the charity music festival to the closing act, you were surprised that things were going so smoothly for once.

You exhaled slowly, gripping your microphone tighter. You were sure your boyfriend was out there, probably sitting next to Chiaki for emotional support, probably in the back row in your usual spot behind the more excitable underclassmen.

Peeking out into the crowd, you noticed him immediately, right where you'd thought he'd be. Hajime fidgeted in his seat, talking quietly with Chiaki. The two had become really good friends in the three years you'd been at the school, and you considered her your best friend.

Perfect. There was no way he wouldn't say yes.

You shoved the box into your back pocket, smoothed out the fabric over it, and walked out onstage with a calm expression, surveying the audience.

"Hope's Peak! How're you doing?"

The resulting cheer made you nod, preparing yourself for the performance.

"To finish off your night, here's Marry Me!"

Sure enough, your performance had rocked the crowd. The girls were singing along and you even saw Hajime mouthing the words with Chiaki. It went so well that the crowd screamed for an encore.

Hajime had slipped away during the encore and was waiting backstage for you. You bowed low to the crowd and after the curtains closed (to clear the stage for the principal to end the night), you stumbled away and into his waiting arms.

"You were amazing out there, (y/n)!" His endearing smile warmed your heart and you patted his head before sitting down on the couch, huffing a breath.

"Yeah! Boy, what a song choice!" Ibuki was next to you both in an instant. "What made you choose a love song?"

You rose your hand to catch your breath, turning your eyes onto your boyfriend.

Hajime tentatively smiled at you, his hand grazing your upper arm.

You stood from the couch, gently pushing Hajime toward it. "Here, sit for a sec."

"What's up?" He asked, eyebrows raising at you.

You got down on one knee before him and Ibuki gasped loudly, eyes flying wide open. "Wait--"

You ignored her overreaction and reached into your back pocket, pulling out the ring box.

Hajime had caught on and his hands were covering his mouth, giving you the same wide-eyed stare.

"Hajime, I love you and I wanna be with you forever." You said calmly, flipping the box open and showing him the band. It was a simple silver band with two small gemstones in the top: both yours and his birthstones. "Will you marry me?"

Tears filled his eyes and he clenched them shut, face a brilliant red.

"I-- I can't believe--" Ibuki was absolutely choking, eyes darting between you both.

You kept your eyes trained on him, your usual cool demeanor softened somewhat towards him.

He sniffled, nodding rapidly as he opened his eyes to give you a heartwarming smile. "Of course," he uttered, wiping his eye with his hand. "I'd be happy to marry you."

Then you smiled, a genuine expression that made even the other girl in the room coo. You leaned over to hug him tight, the ring box between you.

He held out his hand and you took it in yours, running your thumb across his knuckles as you fitted the ring onto his finger. It fit perfectly, just as you'd thought it would. You really had to thank the Ultimate Jeweler for his spot-on measurements later.

"When's the wedding?" Ibuki asked with a grin. "'Cause I don't wanna miss it for the world!"

"After we graduate, if you're still willing," you said, glancing over at your fiancé.

"Of course I'd still be willing," he chastised, giving you a gentle swat on the shoulder. he studied the ring with a happy face, the joy emanating from every facet of his body. "We'll have to start preparing as soon as possible."

Nodding, you gave him another hug, hiding your smile in his neck.

--

A/N: Please tell me what you thought, feel free to request more, and I'll see you guys later!