Kiyotaka Ishimaru x Reader - Tender Loving Care

REQUESTED BY: whateversg00d

A/N: Some soft, fluffy sickfic for Ishi. Enjoy!

--

"(y/n)...?"

His soft call went unanswered as he poked his head into your dorm room. The lights were off, the curtains drawn, and there was a human-sized lump under your covers, (h/c) spilling out onto the pillow.

He'd known you were sick; Sayaka had been the one to deliver the news to your homeroom teacher, who asked him to give you a packet of all that you'd missed that day. It didn't stop him from worrying about you, though. You never got sick, and when you did, you were usually left weak and disoriented for days.

He quietly stepped inside, mindful of the door, and crept into your room. Due to your talent as the Ultimate Child Caregiver, you had drawings of all colors and sizes strung up around your room, as well as a box of children's toys under your desk. Smiling faces drawn in crayon greeted him from your wall as he stepped closer to your bed.

You seemed to be deep in sleep, your soft snores interrupted every so often by a weak wheezing coming from your chest. A cloth had fallen from your forehead, and when he touched it, it was barely damp.

Kiyotaka sighed quietly, setting down the packet of homework on your desk and taking the cloth to the bathroom. He ran it under cold water, wrung out the excess, and returned to you, gently placing it on your forehead.

You reacted to the cool wetness, groaning quietly as you leaned into his touch. Your nose wrinkled for a moment before you slowly opened your eyes. Groggily, you looked around before your gaze settled on him.

You smiled slightly, and hoarsely greeted, "Taka, hi."

"Hi. I'm here to give you the homework you missed," he replied, cupping your cheek. He smiled down at you. "But you don't sound well... can I get you anything?"

You sniffled a little, pausing to cough into your arm. "Soup sounds nice..."

"Alright, I'll go get you some soup." He hesitated, but leaned down to kiss the crown of your head. "I'll be back shortly. Try to get some rest, okay?"

You mumbled something, nodded, and cuddled back into the blankets.

Kiyotaka took a moment more to appreciate your cute form before silently exiting your room.

--

He returned about an hour later, a steaming bowl of soup in his hands. The broth smelled absolutely divine, and he knew you'd love it. As soon as he got to your room, he knocked gently (a habit formed when he moved into the dorms) before entering.

You were still snuggled under the blankets, but when he walked in you rose your head a little to peer at him over the blankets.

You smiled, cheering softly, "Yaaaay, food."

Kiyotaka chuckled, bringing around a chair to sit at your bedside. he helped you sit up before dipping the spoon into the bowl, blowing on it for a moment, and then helping you eat.

You sipped the soup slowly, savoring the broth. It was just as good as you remembered. You hummed in delight, leaning in for more.

The two of you sat there, Kiyotaka slowly feeding you the soup, until you yawned, rubbing your eye.

"Can you finish?" He asked, wiping away some excess broth from the corner of your mouth with a napkin.

"Mm, maybe," you mumbled. You reached for the bowl, and he handed it to you.

You held it close, sipping deeply. You smiled when you swallowed the savory broth, looking over at him. "What did I miss today?"

"Nothing much, just a day of notes," he answered with a shrug. "I've included my notebook in the papers so that you can copy down whatever you need."

"You're so sweet, thank you." You pecked his cheek and giggled when his face flushed.

He held his face in his hands and looked away shyly.

"Any shenanigans the others get up to while I was out?" You asked, a mischievous smile playing across your face.

At this, Kiyotaka groaned. "Somehow Hagakure-san managed to sneak a cat into class, and it was incredibly distracting for the back row. I'm certain I missed out on several points in the lecture because of its meows!"

"Aww, that sounds really cute." You cooed, smiling at the thought. "Did it at least get a name?"

"Oowada-kun called it 'Shrimpy'." He deadpanned, wrinkling his nose in distaste.

You giggled, holding the bowl in your lap when your chest squeezed and you coughed.

Kiyotaka held out his arms, ready to help you, but you kept upright. You panted quietly, dabbing your forehead with the damp cloth.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"I'll be fine," you reassured, patting his arm. "Tell me more. Did Kuwata-kun get up to anything today?"

"He goaded the PE teacher into adopting... Shrimpy," he replied. "She was ecstatic."

"At least the kitty got a good home." You hummed, finishing up the bowl. You sighed in satisfaction as you set it on your desk. "That was delicious. Thank you, Taka-kun."

"I'll make you soup whenever you want me to," he answered softly, a cute blush on his cheeks. "Even when you're not sick."

You smiled at him, reaching out to pet his hair. He rested his head on your chest as you kissed his forehead.

With another shared kiss, you sat back in bed and he straightened himself against the back of the chair. "So tell me more! What else happened today?"

--

A/N: Imagining Yasuhiro with a cat underneath his jacket was just too cute to pass up. I had to.

Please tell me what you thought, feel free to request more, and I'll see you guys later!