Gundham Tanaka x Dead!Reader - What Once Was Mine

A/N: Man, I'm on a roll today. Completing two older stories in a row? Anyways, hey, guys! Here's a oneshot dedicated to everyone's favorite animal tamer/hamster owner, Tanaka! I hope you enjoy!

Note: I do not own the song featured in the oneshot. "The Healing Song" belongs to Disney.

-

"Flower, gleam and glow. Let your power shine." Her voice echoed in an eerily beautiful was across the courtyard. She was singing again.

The noiret glanced over towards the fountain, seeing the faded outline of a young woman.

"Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine." She sang softly, letting her fingers gently trail along the petals of a rose. At times, her finger would dip inside, making her frown.

"Heal what has been hurt. Change the Fates' design." He listened for a few more moments before coming to sit beside her. She kept the tune, not looking at him.

"Save has been lost. Bring back what once was mine...what once was mine." Her voice trailed off as she looked up at him. She smiled sadly. "Hey, Tanaka-kun."

"Hello again, Lady (y/n)." He greeted, tugging on his scarf so you could see his face. "Beautiful song."

"Ah, thank you." She looked away. "I always used to sing it...back when I was...well, alive, I guess."

"How long has it been now?" He asked.

"About three years," she replied, looking up at the sky. "I still remember it as if it were yesterday."

"It's funny," she continued, stretching out her hand as if to touch something. "It's been only three years since I died, and I still cannot figure out what's keeping my spirit here."

"I could try to find out for you, you know." He pointed out.

"That's okay, Tanaka-kun." She sighed. "If anything, I want it to be me that figures it out. Call it a weight off my shoulders, if you will."

"If you insist, my lady." He leaned back, gazing into the sky with her. Tentatively, he reached out and put his hand on the spot where hers was resting.

She broke her stare and looked over at him, smiling sweetly.

He met her gaze and smiled back. "I wish I could have met you sooner."

"And I too." She agreed.

"What was it like to be a part of the 74th class?" He asked in curiosity, turning his body to face her.

"Well," she began as she tried to remember, "I remember we were a...a great team. We were always smiling, and laughing..."

"I remember that I... I got along very well with Sakakura-kun." She sighed, a light flush dusting her cheeks. "He told me that once we graduated, he hoped to pursue Munakata-kun. Well, I guess that didn't happen."

"Munakata-sama?" He questioned quietly. "Our class has speculated he's in a relationship with Yukizome-sensei..."

"Ah, is that what happened?" She chuckled sadly. "Sometimes I hate being dead. It's boring. Nobody usually sees me... unless they can sense the deceased, of course."

"Wasn't there an Ultimate Medium in your class?" He asked.

"No, I think that was the class after me." She shook her head, gazing up at the sky again. "In any event, I don't think we ever spoke to each other, so I highly doubt they know of me."

The two sat there silently for a few minutes.

"Ah, it's going to rain." Gundam noticed, standing up. "Rain doesn't affect you, does it?"

She shook her head again, smiling at him sadly. "No, but it does affect you. It's okay if you have to leave. You know I'll be here."

"I hesitate to leave you, my lady, but I must if I don't want a cold." He gazed at her. "I will visit you again after the rain stops."

"Please do, I enjoy your company." At her words, a bright red blush creeped up his neck, and she giggled.

After a brief goodbye between the two, (y/n) watched him leave. No sooner had he disappeared from her sight, raindrops began to fall, making the rosebed look rejuvenated.

She frowned, yet no tears dotted her eyes. "Oh, I would give anything to be alive again... maybe then I could have prevented them..."

"... at least, that should've been the idea, eh, Munakata-kun?"

-

A/N: Since the cause of death wasn't explained in the oneshot, I'll do it here: (y/n) was one of the ones killed in a freak accident partially caused by Kyosuke... only she doesn't know that Kyosuke had a hand in her death. That, and the Ultimate Medium left the school right before she died. Of course, she can't figure it out now, since three years later Kyosuke was ordered to build a Hope's Peak overseas. Cue sad trombone.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it! Please tell me how I did, and I'll see you guys later!