Gonta Gokuhara x Reader - Gentle Giant

REQUESTED BY: Pikapika_milk

A/N: Enjoy some soft Gonta, because he makes the world feel a little less awful.

--

You struggled to reach the book on the shelf, grunting as you hopped up and down. It was just a little too high for you to reach, but you were completely alone in the library with no one to help you.

You sighed, pausing your attempts to fold your arms across your chest and pout. I guess I'll need to find someone else to help me, you thought.

With that in mind, you turned to leave, but you caught sight of Gonta walking in and you squeaked, pressing yourself against the shelf.

The 6'6" man was built like a tank, and easily the scariest person you'd ever met. You were as kind as you could be to everyone in school, but especially him during the brief moments he got close enough. The fear that he would someday snap you in half made your timid conversations short, but sweet -- you'd been very surprised when Kaede mentioned offhand to you one day that he thought you were really nice.

Your first meeting had been... less than ideal. You'd wandered around aimlessly until he popped up behind a corner, scaring you half to death and making you scurry away. It didn't help that he was the first person you met when you woke up. The others were quick to assure you that he wouldn't hurt a fly, though you were never sure about that. You'd seen the way he picked up that manhole cover. Those muscles definitely weren't just for show.

Please, please don't notice me here, you pleaded silently. Let me leave and get someone else to help me... like Kaito!

Unfortunately, luck seemed not to be on your side. His eyes lit up behind his glasses as he spotted you by the bookcase, and he started towards you. "Hello (l/n)-san!"

"Ah, um, h- hello," you stuttered, giving a wobbly smile as you stared up at his approaching figure.

"You look like you need help," he observed. "Can Gonta help you?"

"Oh, uh," you floundered for a moment before helplessly pointing up at the heavy book you'd been reaching for. "I... can't reach."

He nodded and reached for it. His figure overshadowed you as you cowered against the bookcase. When he pulled it out, he handed it to you. "Here you go!"

You blinked, staring at the book in his hand before looking up at his smile. You couldn't sense a single hint of malice in him. He was looking at you like he adored you.

"Um... thank you." You hesitantly took the book, hugging it to your chest.

"You're welcome!" His beaming smile made you blush and look away. "Gonta hasn't had a good chance to properly talk to you yet. Would you like to go with Gonta to have a (f/d)?"

"Uh, s- sure!" Your face burned brightly, eyes wide.

He moved away from you enough for you to move away from the shelf. He walked away with you, trying to make some small talk.

As you walked, you found yourself feeling more and more ashamed for ever thinking he was mean. Big he may be, but he also seemed to have an innocent heart. Just the way he spoke to you, so reverently (and a little stiff, but he was trying), made your heart flutter. He was cute when he started talking about things he loved, and the way his face lit up when he spoke about the butterflies he'd been studying in the grounds outside made you giggle.

Perhaps you'd been wrong in your judgement. Gonta really wouldn't hurt a fly.

Oh dear. You accidentally tripped over yourself when you realized it. Gonta reaching out to help steady you with his big hands didn't help matters. I... I'm starting to crush on him.

--

A/N: He's a cutie, can't help but stan.

Please tell me what you thought, feel free to request more, and I'll see you guys later!