Gundham Tanaka x Reader - Survivor's Guilt

REQUESTED BY: Haha_ApPlEs

A/N: A requested part 2 to their earlier request "Sunset Standoff". Enjoy some angst >:3

--

Despite your best efforts, Mechamaru still died.

You had made sure to stick with your boyfriend day and night ever since the attempted fight, consoling him about how you'd all get out soon enough. He seemed to be taking your words to heart, but you still couldn't sleep at night until you knew he'd fallen asleep next to you.

But one morning, you woke up and he wasn't next to you. You panicked, praying that he hadn't done something stupid as you searched for him. You eventually found him standing near some of the others when a loud bang sounded through the area.

You froze in fear. No. No, it's... it's happening!

You grabbed Gundham and tearfully begged him not to have done anything stupid. Fear sent a cold streak straight through your whole body when the others looked around in alarm.

"Please!" You'd begged, cupping his cheek with one hand. "Please, Gundham!"

The flash of guilt running across his eyes for a moment didn't do much to assuage your fears.

Not even the salty ocean breeze could calm you down. You sat huddled on the sand, head resting on your knees, staring blankly at the ocean.

Footsteps crunched from afar, coming to a stop next to you.

You didn't look up, even when Hinata greeted, "(y/n)."

After a moment of silence, he squatted down next to you.

"Are you... going to be alright?" He asked, resting a hand on your back.

You clenched your eyes shut. "No," you whispered hoarsely.

His hand remained on your back, even as it began to tremble again.

"I thought..." you licked your lips to try and moisten them, "I thought I'd done everything right. I thought..."

"Gundham didn't do it because he thought you didn't love him enough, (y/n)," Hinata reminded you in a soft voice.

"Then why?" Your voice cracked, and you let out a shaky sigh. "Why would he do it?"

Hinata didn't have an answer for that. He just kept stroking your back as you began to cry again, tears warm against your cold, wind-beaten cheeks.

You sniffled, burying your face in your knees. "I loved him so much. I would've died for him. So why would he... why would he commit murder? After all I did to try and convince him that hope was coming..."

Hinata sighed quietly. "You remember why, don't you?"

"I wanted to escape with you, (y/n)... ha, but it appears that I miscalculated."

You grit your teeth. "No..."

"No! You didn't have to--"

"If I hadn't, I fear that you would have been next."

"I don't... want to remember," you cried, your shorts becoming damp with tears.

Hinata fell to his knees, hesitantly wrapping his arms around you.

You hid your face away, leaning against his chest as you wept.

"Make no mistake, (y/n)... I love you. I did this so you could live."

"Please... please live for me."

--

A/N: HAHAHAHA, I regret everything! ;A;

Please tell me what you thought, feel free to request more, and I'll see you guys later!