Kazuichi Souda x Deaf!Mute!Reader - Silent Love

REQUESTED BY:  dinibunny_06

A/N: Apologies for this taking so long to write! It was difficult to keep from rambling on and on. So here you go! I hope you enjoy. (I'm definitely gonna do more Deaf!Reader oneshots in the future; this was a lot of fun to research and write.

Please tell me if I got anything wrong. I did have to research implants and speaking while deaf, but I don't want to offend.

"(Sentence)" is them using sign language.

"Sentence" is them speaking through hands. You'll understand once you get to the end.

-

Every day at approximately six PM, Ibuki, Chiaki, and Akane would sit among the bushes in the square.

Today was no exception.

"How do they keep doing this every single day?" Akane wondered aloud to herself as her nose scrunched up at the couple. "Better yet, how does she stand him?"

"I think they're cute," Chiaki chimed in, not even looking up from her video game. "Souda-kun isn't bad when you get to know him. He's just lonely."

"Ibuki agrees!" The girl chirped, watching them with a beaming smile. "It's good that Souda-kun has found someone special!"

"Just watching them is giving me cavities," the brunette complained. "They're too sweet! It's gotta get boring!"

"At least (y/n)-chan is being included," Ibuki pointed out with a frown towards the gymnast. "She looks much, much happier nowadays. Matchmaking them has been the best thing I've ever done!"

"Sonia helped too, remember?" Chiaki reminded gently. She glanced up from the console for a few seconds to look at the two and she smiled. "They are cute."

In front of them, on the bench around the fountain, sat a couple, happily watching the sky. The girl rested her head on the shoulder of the pink-haired boy, whose arm was wrapped loosely around her. If they had been the main couple in an anime, there would definitely have been little red hearts in the air above them.

It had been a long six weeks for both of them.

(y/n) took her head off of his shoulder, and when he turned his head to look at her she began to sign to him.

(Where do you want to go tomorrow afternoon?) She asked.

Souda thought about it for a moment before shrugging and replying, (Why don't you pick? I chose last time.)

She rose an eyebrow and let out a silent giggle. (You know I don't mind! Besides, you know the area way better than I do.)

(y/n) had been born deaf, and even though she was able to get cochlear implants and some speech lessons, she'd always been more comfortable signing.

Because of this, people often excluded her, and as a result she didn't have very many longtime friends as she grew up. She did have a fallback, though, as the Ultimate Painter. Her works of art were so revered throughout the world that she was able to connect with many different types of people, and she eventually got friends that had her back.

Everything changed when she came to HPA and met Kazuichi, though. Sure, she had the same types of people flocking to her once they figured out her talent, but everyone seemed much more friendly, even when they learned that she was mute and deaf. A few latched onto her immediately and even more took special care to include her in activities. Many had taken to sign language lessons from the Ultimate Translator: as in, more than half of the school. It was amazing; it became a club, and even some of the teachers joined in. The principal was all for it, since it promoted inclusivity among the students. (Ironic, considering the school's history with the average joe, but she really couldn't say anything that would risk her getting kicked out of such an inviting place.)

Somehow, Kazuichi became interested in her once he met her. It could've been her looks or her skills, but either way he became scarily determined to be her friend. She thought it sweet that he wanted to get to know her, but unfortunately the two couldn't communicate quite as well as she would've liked. Very, very rarely, she would speak, but she had to be careful with the way she did. She just couldn't seem to nail her intonation, but surprisingly, most people were okay with that.

The moment he found this out, he immediately went to the Ultimate Translator in the other class for lessons on sign language, much like her other classmates and friends. Approximately a month later, he stunned her when he signed hello to her. When she overcame her surprise, she immediately began carrying conversation, happy to have someone actually know more than just the alphabet.

And, well, months later, the results of him learning led to them becoming good friends, and later, they began dating. People had mixed reactions ranging from "I ship it" to "You absolutely shouldn't date that weirdo", but the general consensus was "They're happy enough, so that's cool for me."

Sonia, for one, actually seemed relieved that he had a girlfriend. She had been the one to encourage (y/n) to go on a date with him in the first place, and nowadays she seemed much happier with the match, since it meant that he wasn't stalking her anymore. Gundham did, as well, but for perhaps some more selfish reasons. (As much as he tried to deny it, he did care about Souda as a person deep down... not that he'd admit this to anyone except (y/n), of course. That, and now he had the chance to get more personal with Sonia without having to worry about 'that foolish mortal' barging in.)

Meanwhile, back in the present, the couple got up from the bench and began walking away, hand-in-hand.

Something she'd taken to doing was gently tracing words into the palm of his hand even though she knew he somehow didn't understand what she was writing. It made her laugh when he smiled at her anyway. (Usually, she tried to keep it down to the usual 'I love you's and 'You are worth everything to me's, and it felt like a sweet little secret kept in her heart.)

When he first began dating her, he had a little quirk of squeezing her hand three times in succession, as if saying "I love you". She absolutely loved it, and so she began saying it too. When neither of them could speak, or when words weren't needed, sometimes that was all they needed.

And so now, on their way to their favorite little pizza joint in the city, he squeezed "I love you" into her smaller hand.

She beamed up at him and squeezed it right back. "I love you."

-

A/N: Souda is baby, and you can't change my mind. He's a sweaty, stinky, precious child.

I really hope you enjoyed this! Please tell me what you thought, feel free to request more, and I'll see you guys later!

Danganronpa x Reader Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें