74.) a happy family

I sat on the floor and waited for them to come home. Tied into the weirdest underwear I had ever seen, fishing net panties with a cloth tucked in? It was an odd sensation. Wearing a different dress and wiped clean I flexed my swollen legs. My belly still bulged as if it was full but it was empty. How can it still look the same and be empty? The lighting in the room was low from not being charged. So most of the light was from the flickering of the fireplace.

The maids had lit a fire in the fire place to warm the room before they left. It was always chilly in the mountain regardless of the season.

What season was it in the first place. Six months carrying the baby plus a couple months give a few weeks. Less than a year. It's probably winter outside. I had thought I would get a more clear view with the windows but it had been pitch black outside. I was only able to see an outline of my own reflection. The warmth from the fireplace is a substitute. It's feels like a lifetime since I felt direct sunlight on my skin. My head raised to look up at the sun that wasnt there, now that the baby is born I'm sure many things will change.

Movement registered out of the corner of my eye.

A cave spider, they look like mix between a black spider and a grasshopper and I hated them. These long legged little beasts dont actually bite but they do jump and their spindly scratchy legs are the last thing you want to touch you in a dark room. It was a memento of home that I would have rather stayed in memory.

I watched it as it crawled along the ceiling and I edged further away from it, hoping it wouldnt drop down on me suddenly. I shudder rolled up my neck at the memory of it happening before. What if that thing gets on the baby? I should get rid of it before they come back. What can I throw at it? I struggled to stand. The room was only sparsely filled, we hadnt accumulated much in possessions other than bedding since we were bonded.

Pillow, no. Not heavy enough.

Blankets, no. Not hard enough.

Fire wood... that could work. The fire wood was chooped in quarters. I'll just throw it at the spider, I dont want to get close enough for it to jump on me.

The black spider skittered over the ceiling and down the caves rock wall. It moved at a creepy fast pace unhindered by natural inconveniences like gravity. This palm sized creature made me believe in the abyss, because only there could something like this spawn.

I aimed and threw the wood in the spot I believed it would go.

The fire wood splintered on impact, crushing the spider and colliding with the wall loudly.

Shit!

Splinters were everywhere, I didnt even throw it that hard. I went to the wall to check the damage. Two thin lines ran jagedly from a very crushed and twitching spider. Yeah, I cracked it. Maybe if I move the bed infront of it no one will notice? We havent even been properly moved in and I'm breaking the house.

This would have never happened in the room. There was never any spiders in Pyros's house. I looked around for something to clean up the splinters with.

"What's all this?" Cerastes asked looking at the splinters littered about the room. Of course he would come now! He cradled our child in one arm and had opened the door with the other.

I looked at the mess I had made and back at him.
"There was a spider.." I said kicking away some of the pieces.

"Did you throw twigs at it?" He said snapping his fingers.

"Well it was one piece to begin with... I really didnt think I threw it that hard but it sort of ended up like this." I said gesturing to the array of damage.