56.) Restrictions.

The coals of the fire had nearly died out. I added some wood to bring it back to life. In the ashes, I drew a small wind sigil to protect the room with my finger. The wood was of poor quality. It burned, but it put out alot of smoke making the air in the room hazy. Cerastes came in with a towel. He didn't limp or wince, just walked to the bed and slowly, almost delicately lowered himself stomach first onto the bed.

The sleeve of Cerastes shirt was damp so I took it off and left it to dry by the fire. I was curious to know more about why the fight had started but I doubt I would have gotten an answer out of him. I crawled into the bed carefull not to jostle my husband in anyway and layed next to him.
"Are you going to sleep again?" I asked.

Cerastes sighed, "not yet." He replied with his eyes closed. He layed on his stomach, with his head propped up on his crossed arms. He still wore his towel with his tail protruding from beneath. The cuts on his back were still red but at least they were no longer bleeding.

"Is there anything I can do to make it better?" I asked.

He opened one red eye and it scanned my face. The pupil went from a slit to an more oval like shape.
"Tell me about your Villiage again." He replied closing his eye back.

My smile beamed brightly, I felt joy and security knowing he wanted to get to know me better. I nestled in closer to him.

"Is there anything you want to know in particular?." I asked.

"Everything, Start at the begining." He said yawning. Exposing sharp teeth.

"Well my parents were.." I began.

"O'lan and Thistle, 19 siblings. I know." He interupted.

"You remembered." I said a little suprized.

"It was relevant information." He said a bit dully. "I did send out scouts to look for survivors."

"Hey husband." I said quietly.

"Hmm." He replied.

"I really like you." I grinned widely.

He snorted in suprize. Looking at me with an odd expression. Still smiling I wiggled in closer.  He pulled one arm out from under him and draped it over me.
"Your an odd creature, your aware?"  Cerastes sighed.

"I'm your odd creature." I said teasingly, tracing the scales of his red forearm tattoo.

"Remeber it for as long as you live." He agreed.

"You also belong to me for as long as you live." I asserted.

"This odd creature has become fearless after sleeping in my bed." His tone lowered.  "Have I spoiled it to much."

"I'm your one and only spouse of course you must spoil me." I said with confidence. "All your attention belongs to me now....well, at least till our children come. I suppose I can spare some of your attention for them." I said nodding in a fake serious manner.

"How generous." He scoffed.

"I have lost track of the days." I said a bit concerned. Staring up at the carved out ceiling.

"What reason is there to keep them?" Cerastes asked.

"To know if I'm carrying a child or not." I said putting an arm behind my head.

"How does keeping days and holding human cubs correlate?"

"Its an expression. You know for being pregnant." I explained.

"Brooding." He emphasized.

"Well if I dont start bleeding soon then I'm probably brooding." I replied testing out the new term.