26.) An Explanation

I rolled over in bed to find that my new spouse still hadnt gotten dressed. Does he hates clothes?
I smiled briefly, It reminded me of my nieces and nephews running about half dressed.

Their mothers are never going to find the rest of their nice ceremony clothes. Im no longer an aunt. I swallowed and shook my head as if to shake the thoughts out.

Cerastes was holding a large bowl in his hands, it was one that would normally be used for boiled meat to be served when people came over for dinner.

Several bowls of that same large size would be filled with different foods. They would be placed on the floor in a buffet style dinner.
You would have a small plate and take a little from each bowl and eat of your plate.

"Eat." He ordered.

I saw a pair of spoons on the shelf.

"Are we sharing it?" I asked. Turning my head slightly.

"I have already eaten." He replied. "Eat and pack light, we have alot of ground to cover if we are to make it back to the city."

"The closest town is Greenview, and that's many days away." I said absentmindedly.
I ended up drinking from the bowl. The anxiety of getting close enough to him to him while he was so, so naked was debilitating.

Even though we had already spent the night pressed against eachother, he had been tired and I wasnt in the best state of mind.

Now that we were both not tired and very awake... what if things took a turn towards being more naked and messy.

I know realized why Laurel had prepared a bathing basin and matching pajamas.

For her first coupling.

Laurel put aloooot of thought into this house. It makes since why it took her so long to finish it. Cerastes's voice cut through my thoughts.

"Greenview is the largest populated city in the territory, it hasnt been a town for half a century." He replied, putting on his shirt.

"My father always called it town, Iv never been." I could only stomach the broth and even that was a challenge.

My father was in his nineties. Greenview was probably just a town when he left.

"Do you want the rest?" I asked him, lifting the bowl.

He looked at the bowl and then at me with confusion. I returned his look of confusion. Was it because I didnt eat much or was it because he didnt want to eat after me.

He was a dragon kin he probably had never shared a meal with a human before. In my family it was natural to share meals but maybe it wasnt for him.

Hawthorn would eat off my plate when I wasnt even finished eating.
He was a bottomless pit.
I'd have to slap his hand away. It was funny to see him, a thirty something year old man pretend to get his feelings hurt about being swatted away. Afterword, he would cozie up to his wife, who babied him.

The image of Nilla and the bundle in her arms, lying on the ground flashed into my mind.

I felt the bowl leave my hands, and I looked up. Cerastes lifted it with one of his hands before he downed the contents.

"We need to have a conversation." Cerastes said, lowering the bowl. Wiping his mouth with his arm.

I nodded in agreement. We should outline our relationship.

what we like.
What we dont like.
What we expect from eachother.

It was nice to have a sense of normal in one aspect of my life.