77.) The Quiet

"The mountain." I whispered.

"The mountain, the territory, and all the people in it. All of it will one day belong to Vihar." Cerastes said making a circle in the air with one clawed finger. "And Vihar belongs to me."

He nuzzled his forehead against Vihars, his horns lightly grazing across soft skin.

"You've been so talkative today." I said suprized.

"It was a good day." He said and curled an arm around our sleeping childs nest and immediatly fell asleep.

I yawned with my whole mouth. The pain I felt in my stomach was dull. Even though I was tired the slight pain kept me on the brink between being asleep and awake.

In the night, Vihar woke up a few times. Cerastes must not have been entirely asleep either, because he scooped up Vihar and held him over a bucket when he relieved himself. Then cleaned him up before placing him carefully back in his sleeping place.

Other times he woke up to eat.
He would crawl and root against me untill he found a breast. Everytime I fed him my stomach cramped painfully. I fed him while laying on my side but i wasnt entirely awake for all of it, I drifted in and out of consciousness.

I only realized it was time to get up when I heard the light knocking at the door. It startled me and I jolted to a sitting position. I immediately regretted it when I felt the tightening in my abdomen.

The bed was empty.

There was another rasping on the door before it opened.

"Miss, I was told to bring you to the dinning area. The young lord is hungry." Nina said poking her head in. "Would you like me to carry you?"

"I think I can manage it as long as I take small steps." I answered. I dropped of the side of the tall bed landing with a quiet thump on my feet.

"I'll help you change, then."Nina nodded.

Zin was stern and awful. Dina was whispy and sweet. Yet Nina was neither, she was thoughtful and strong but not overbearing or particularly chatty. Her dark cropped hair and thick build made her even more distinctive than the other two.

After dressing we crept down stairs at a snail's pace before arriving in a dinning area. I could hear them before I could see them. Unlike in Pyros's wing the dinning area wasnt part of the kitchen but a room entirely it's own. The room was long but not very wide. The walls that I could see were white and decorated with blankets that had pictures of animals being stalked by dragons from the sky. The floor was wood and the dark table was unnecessarily long.
Cerastes sat at the farthest end holding our squeeling baby.

Cerastes looked slightly anxious because his long ears were low and his brow was furrowed.

"Come feed him quickly." Cerastes said with a nod seeing that I had entered the room.

"Goodmorning to you to husband." I replied coming to take the squeeling baby. His wings flapped in crazy directions smacking Cerastas in the face. His white hair was blown crazily over his face but he didnt hey mad.

"I'll just take the wildling off your hands." I said taking hold of him. I wasnt used to newborns being sooo active. A normal human baby wouldnt be able to move this much, Vihar had only existed for a day and all this boy did was move, and eat.

Always hungry.

Vihar sniffed at me loudly but at least he wast flinging his tail and wings around now. I wondered how I was going to lift myself up on the chair when Nina led me to table against the wall. With a chair and table to my height.

"This should be more comfortable for you miss." She said with a hand behind my waist.

"That's so thoughtful, thank you Nina." I replied. It would have been nicer to have pushed it closer to Cerastes but he was only six feet away at most  and he had already let me sleep in, he should get to have the rest of his meal in peace.

It was really nice to have furniture to my height, breath knows I wasnt going to be able to hop up into the chairs.

"Will you bring me a few of the human sized cups of water with my meal." I said trying to keep Vihars tiny claws from shredding my dress while he was attempting to get to my breast. I slowly dropped him in legs first, from the kneck of my shirt taking care his wings didnt get caught going in.

He scrambled about inside my dress like a raccoon caught in a sack trap. Scratching and twisting before he found a breast and took it painfully. Cerastes grinned when he heard Vihar making cute noises when he ate. I on the other hand was trying not to curse. My sisters made it look easy.

"Have you two been up for long?" I asked.

"No more than half an hour." I tried to feed him broth but he would accept it." Cerastes said disapointed.

"Well it wasn't that he wasnt hungry." I winced.

"My offspring has a good appetite." He nodded proudly. "His teeth will definitely come in quickly."

"Just dont be upset when they come in. Growing them is painful."

Cerastes frowned and finished off his bowl by guzzling it in a couple gulps and stood up from the table.

"Where is Marrow?" He asked Nina. "Go out and find him." He flicked his hand to send her away.

Nina scurried to leave the long dinning room and the door closed with a thud.

"I'm here." Marrow said with his voice sounding rugged and out of breath. The sound came from the wall.
The wall blanket was pulled aside to reveal him standing in a dark tunnel.

"I knew where you were and your going to wrinkle the tapestry." Cerastes said dully.

"My apologies." Marrow replied, jumping out from the hiding place. He    patted down his blond hair to fix the stray peices as he walked briskly to Cerastes.

"Its urgent." Marrow said lifting a piece of paper.

Cerastes unrolled it.

"What's wrong?" I asked adjusting Vihar in my dress to stand up.

Cerastes red eyes flicked over the paper with speed before he crumpled it in his hands.

"That rotten beast!" Cerastes shout angrily and slammed the ground with his tail.

Vihar squirmed anxiously, suprized by the sudden outburst.

"In the night Talon personally delivered females as gifts to the clan on the northern border." Cerastes said through clenched teeth.

"..and thats..a bad thing?" I asked.

Cerastes rubbed his forehead with the heel of his hand and sighed with exasperation.

"We werent going to reveal Vihars existence to the other clans untill his teeth came in, but Talon decided to gift wrap the information and send it to the nearest territory."

Every word he spoke dripped with spite like venom.
"I have to go talk with the high lord. He isnt going to be pleased about this."

"What is this going to mean for Vihar?" I held him tightly.

"It means were going to be having company alot sooner than we expected."

Vihars face looked up at me from inside my dress. His little red eyes blinked twice before he tilted his head.

Dragons Are Demanding (Book 1)Completeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें