30.) Going for a Run

I didnt feel rested at all. After a days sleep my pain was gone but there was still stiffness. 

I heard the rustle of people packing and talking quietly and attempted to sit up.

I hissed. Ok the pain wasnt Entirely gone. My body was stiff from the ground but the biggest obstacle was the arm holding me in place.

I needed to pee.

After failing to roll out from under the arm, I couldnt wait much longer and decided to wake the sleeping log.

"Psst." I shook the arm that pinned me.

"Pssst!" Raising my volume.

He opened his eyes and looked at me with a glower.

"I need to go out can you move your arm?" I asked.

"They will bring food soon enough, be patient." He replied, closing his eyes.

"No not for food, for THE OTHER thing." I emphasized. Trying to be discreet.

Another glare.

"I have to pee!" I whispered angrily.

He lifted his arm and turned to the side. Leaving me free to wiggle out.

I took care of my business before walking back to camp. The site was already broken down but Cerastes wasnt eating. He was staring at me.

How long had he been watching me? And how good was his eye sight? Was he watching the whole time!

"Were leaving." He ordered

"Um..Shouldn't I change?" I asked.

"No."

I looked for the horses but the men were getting ready to eat.

"Were going to run the rest of the way." He replied, as if to answer my question.

Dread filled me.

Oh no.
It's happening.

My parents test was going to become my own. I was terrible at running. Did he say the rest of the way? I can barely walk without falling and he wants me to run. The panic was immediate.

" I..Ill try to keep up but I should tell you i." I stammered.

"I'm carrying you. You would only slow me down." Cerastes interupted in a tone as if to say it were obvious. He shook his head in disbelief.

I let out a sigh of relief. As long as I didnt have to run.

....

I felt like a baby.

I was first wrapped in a blanket as if to prevent me from breaking. I think the men were doing their best not to laugh as I was rolled in to place.

I layed on the ground, then was lifted up and placed in a second blanket. Which held me in place on his chest He tightened the knot behind his neck tightly into place, then adjusted the sling.

I firmly hoped I wouldnt have to introduce myself to the men after they saw me become a human caterpillar. Cerastes then took up his mantle and placed it on his shoulders. I could hardly see out of it. Fresh air came in from the space around his neck.

I dont know if he spoke to the men ahead of time but he left without speaking to the guards.

It was very warm in the bundle, almost to warm. I was grateful for the extra padding. Otherwise I may have gotten really bruised from bouncing. It's better than running.